Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Scheduling Administrator provides administrative support to the Director for Room Technology, as well as provides administrative assistance to Media Technology and Production Department. This position assists by reviewing and approving AV support requests into the PSOM and UPHS centralized scheduling systems, assisting with the creation and assignment of the daily schedule and by functioning as delegate in the filtering, triaging, and responding to Media Technology and Production email. This position assists in compiling, creating, formatting, assigning, and tracking overtime projects including assigning MTP staff. Additionally, this position provides more general administrative assistance including, but not limited to, the preparation, dissemination, and management of electronic and paper documents and file coordination; scheduling meetings and conference rooms; triaging and referring service requests. This position will assist in the tracking and scheduling of MTP staff and resources to Penn Medicine Health System events both onsite and remote. This position also assists/backs up the MTP Program Coordinator including, but not limited to, prepares/reconciles travel arrangements and expense reimbursements, prepares and enters monthly cost recovery journals and other financial transaction documents. May assist office staff in completing large projects that require general administrative support; and other duties as assigned. This position is considered "essential."
- Retrieves and compiles information from multiple sources (AVRC, telephone, and email) to assist MTP Directors or other leadership by entering MTP Resource/Talent information into EMS and NFS (Workspace). Acts as liaison between requesters and MTP leadership, and between Special Events/Scheduling and MTP Leadership. Tickles, researches, prompts MTP Leadership, and/or provides follow-up communication regarding MTP Resources/Talent or AVRC requests.
- Working closely with Director, as Director’s Delegate, triages incoming email by urgency and subject. Drafts or transcribes email responses on Director’s behalf. Assists in management of Director’s calendar. Updates Director’s task list with incoming requests.
- Creates, compiles, proofreads, submits-for-approval, and distributes the daily MTP event schedule by 4:00pm.
- Creates, compiles, proofreads, submits-for-approval, and distributes the weekly MTP overtime signups by Friday 12:00pm. Compiles requests, proofreads, assigns, submits-for-approval, and distributes the weekly MTP overtime assignments Monday by 4:00pm. Retrieves and communicates last-minute overtime jobs and collaborates with MTP staff to ensure support is assigned. Assists in the distribution of mandatory overtime when necessary.
- Working closely with the MTP Program Coordinator and the MTP Leadership, research, drafts, reviews, and posts monthly cost recovery journals. Working closely with MTP staff and MTP Program Coordinator, prepares and reconciles travel arrangements, and expense reimbursements, checking submissions for completeness and appropriateness consistent with Corporate IS Policy and Procedures.
- Supports Media Technology and Production workgroup in performing departmental administrative functions to facilitate completion of major tasks. Under general supervision, provides administrative support to staff with clerical functions and assists in reconciling A/V equipment inventory.
- Working closely with the MTP Program Coordinator, maintain, inventory, order office supplies.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 3+ years Professional office support (Required)
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution.
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills are essential.
- Able to set priorities, organize tasks and work independently.
- Must be able to maintain effective work relationships at all levels.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office products.
- Competent written, verbal and mathematical skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services: https://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.