Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Multimedia Technician will provide audio-visual and multimedia services in support of the research and clinical missions of Penn Medicine. Provide video conferencing services including pre-testing, set up, moderating and breakdown. Work performed includes routine maintenance on multimedia equipment, troubleshooting multimedia equipment and computer problems. Contact and schedule vendors onsite to address technical problems when necessary. Communicate root-causes of AV technology problems with internal users and report all non-functioning equipment to management. Collaborate with Senior Video Engineer and Associate Director for Enterprise Technology and Project Management on all network and routing aspects of AV technology and broadcasting. Assist with planning AV upgrades, vendor coordination and service quotes when necessary. Ensure all TEC and TDR network rack mounted equipment is operating per specifications and troubleshoot, manage service calls, escalate Athena tickets and coordinate with AV integrator in real time during all broadcasting events. Provide expertise on network AV technology infrastructure that is integrated with PeriOP medical vendor broadcasting technology. Keeps inventory of all equipment in Pavilion including storage spaces with spare technology devices. This position is considered "essential." Identify and report issues, trends, and recurring user requests to both Media Technology & Production, and Penn Medicine Corporate IS Networking.
- Provide on-site multimedia services for clinical meetings, Grand Rounds / CME events, VIP conferences, and special events in Penn Medicine spaces. Operate flat screen displays, PTZ cameras, computers, wireless presentation technology, and video conferencing codecs. Certain meetings, events, and VIP events may require overtime (weekend, early morning, and/or evening hours). Utilize fiber network to share appliances (VTC codecs and recording devices) with rooms connected to the Penn Medicine internal fiber network.
- Provide video conferencing support for Penn Medicine meetings including pre-testing, set up, moderating and breakdown. Interact with remote participants as needed to ensure a positive experience for meeting attendees. Monitor and maintain video conferencing systems ensuring they are working and have the most recent supported firmware. Collaborate with Penn Medicine Corporate IS team when working or troubleshooting more advanced situations. Communicate with MTP multimedia technicians and clinical departments when necessary if systems are down or a temporary solution has been put in place.
- Coordinate and utilizes different team members strengths in the preplanning production meetings to ensure live broadcasting expectations are established. Provide support for live surgery events including scheduling & coordinating practice test sessions ensuring all AV technology is working throughout the broadcasting of the content over the fiber infrastructure.
- Work directly with MTP Senior Video Engineer to troubleshoot AV network issues. Work directly with Associate Director for Enterprise Technology and Project Management team to troubleshoot AV technology installed in meeting rooms, surgery suites, and other locations within the Pavilion. Introduce new broadcasting concepts to the Associate Director for Enterprise Technology & Associate Director for Studio Production on new signal flow strategies based on new PeriOP equipment and how Penn Medicine presents the surgical content.
- Provide trouble shooting support to local PC computers. Set up / rearrange tables, chairs and/or other equipment related to special events prior to providing a/v services to that event. Set up equipment and run through tests prior to each event. Break down and store equipment after event. Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot any equipment problems. Communicate to Supervisor regarding supply needs and other equipment replacements.
- Manage Athena tickets assigned to the Pavilion AV technology and other Penn Medicine spaces. Work independently to fix any problems and issues when possible and reach out directly to AV vendors when necessary for a service call. Coordinate with AV vendor on repairs and communicate with clinical departments on status of ticket and the AV technology.
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and support for the rack mounted AV technology network in the Technology Distribution Room (TDR), and Technology Equipment Center (TEC) closets / rooms in the Pavilion. Independently troubleshoot and resolve any new unforeseen technology failures. Communicate with MTP staff on technology failures and share knowledge base on technology resolutions.
- Effectively work with Health System scheduling coordinators on any last-minute requests and coordinate with MTP team to support the request. When necessary, alert Managers on technology requirements.
- Keep inventory of all AV equipment within the Pavilion including spare equipment used when devices need to be sent out for repairs. Coordinate with AV vendor on tracking repairs so that equipment is inventoried upon its return.
- Perform before and after business hours support including weekends.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- 7+ years of experience with Computer/Audio Visual Systems. (Required)
Relevant degree may substitute for some years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree. (Preferred)
- A-Plus Certification
- AV Technology Networking 1
- AV Technology Networking 2
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to understand and utilize all systems required for this position
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Ability to use skilled techniques and equipment operation to ensure accuracy
- Competence in maintaining equipment
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms
- Interpersonal and liaison skills essential for working with management and executives
- Must be dependable
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services: https://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.