Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Central Sterile Processing Tech - Full Time
Job ID: 198166
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This position is shift 3 and operates between the hours of 11pm-7:30am, Monday through Friday with weekend and holiday rotation.
- As a member of the Central Sterile Processing team, checks instrumentation for defects and cleanliness; assembles instrument sets and trays according to established procedures. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, decontaminating and sterilizing surgical instrumentation and supplies. Participates in Quality initiatives in the department.
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees.( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
- Responsible for proper cleaning and disinfection of medical instrumentation using appropriate methods
- Retrieves soiled instrumentation and IV pumps from the Ambulatory Service Center and Labor and Delivery
- Assembles instrument sets and trays following proper manufacturer instructions
- Properly documents and maintains sterilization records
- Follows procedures relative to proper us of PPE
- Packages equipment following decontamination process and prepares items for redistribution
- Participates in the rotation of stock and inspects stock for expiration dates
- Ensures proper code cart inventory, restocking as needed
- Assesses equipment and separates defective items from rotation and sends items to Biomed for repair.
- Effectively uses the instrument tracking to support inventory control; reorders supplies as needed.
- Participates in departmental Quality initiatives and educational in services
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Cert Central Supply Tech (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent Work Exp required
Previous related work experience
- Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE