Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Why Join Our Team?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health (PMPH) is seeking a per diem Registered Nurse (RN) to work the day shift within the Acute Care of the Elderly (ACE) Unit. The ACE unit is a 24-bed medical-surgical unit. Nurses on this unit will care for patients admitted with multiple diagnosis and health conditions. Education is key here, at Penn Medicine Princeton Health, as our RN's are encouraged to pursue advanced degrees and certification.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside an interdisciplinary team to provide quality patient care
- Promote best practices through collaboration with our unit-based Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Utilizes state of the art technology to promote a safe environment
- Work amongst professional nurses in a Magnet environment
Tier 2 Scheduling Requirement
- Work a minimum of two shifts per four-week schedule or a total of 24 hours a month
- 12 of these hours must be fulfilled on a weekend shift
- Work one holiday per calendar year. Per Diem RNs will be paid at 1.5 times the rate for all hours worked on these holidays.
- Based on your hired shift, work at least two ‘difficult to staff’ days per calendar year (Easter, Mother’s Day, Halloween, ‘Black Friday’, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve)
- Follow departmental call-out policy
- Make-up absences within the same schedule period. Failure to comply with this on two occasions in a year will result in withdrawal of the employee from Per Diem status.
- Scheduled as per the needs of your individual unit
What We Require for this Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience
- 15 months of RN experience required
- Acute care experience required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Active NJ RN license required
- National Nursing Certification preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.