Job ID: 202038
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Day Shift - 8 hours shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Why Join Our Team?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health (PMPH) is seeking a per diem Registered Nurse (RN) to work the day shift within the Interventional Radiology Unit (IR). Come and join our fast growing Radiology / Interventional Service Line. Interventional Radiology is a medical subspecialty that performs minimally invasive procedures using imaging guidance such as MRI, CT, ultrasound and fluoroscopy. The radiology RN is involved in the planning of the procedure, pre-procedure preparation, intraprocedural monitoring of patient, moderate sedation and post-procedure. Radiology RN’s provide education to the patient as they go through all the phases of care.
The Interventional Radiology department provides a safe and comfortable environment for both patients and personnel. Patients can expect care to be professional and timely. The patient’s physical, psychological, and social needs will be addressed. Patients are initially assessed on the inpatient nursing unit or perioperative unit and are reassessed on arrival to the IR suite. Patients are continually reassessed throughout the pre-, intra-, and post-procedure periods. Modifications to the plan of care are based on reassessment of the patient.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· 8 hour shifts
· The Radiology Registered Nurse provides moderate sedation and analgesia during the procedure and monitors the patient throughout the procedure.
Tier 3 Scheduling Requirement:
· Work a minimum of 56 hours per four-week schedule
· 24 of these hours must be fulfilled on a weekend shift
· Work 2 holiday per calendar year. Per Diem RNs will be paid at 1.5 times the rate for all hours worked on these holidays.
· Based on your hired shift, work at least two ‘difficult to staff’ days per calendar year (Easter, Mother’s Day, Halloween, ‘Black Friday’, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve)
· Follow departmental call-out policy
· Make-up absences within the same schedule period. Failure to comply with this on two occasions in a year will result in withdrawal of the employee from Per Diem status.
What We Require for this Role:
Related Work Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.