Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: IS- Core Infrastructure
Location: 3600 Civic Center Blvd.
Hours: 8hr Days (Remote-future possibility of in person work)
- The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for maintaining, creating and monitoring database systems across multiple platforms. The Senior DBA troubleshoots issues, provides on call support, provides ongoing database support, performs database upgrades and database deployments to meet all clinical and business requirements of the organization and end-users.
- Performs and participates in activities that ensure database systems are fully recoverable, secure, performing and stable. Performs and participates in monitoring, maintaining a high degree of performance and availability, coordinating system behaviors, utilizing existing tools and creating new methods for managing multiple environments. Actively consults with other team members to ensure successful project implementations and system availability. Supports projects and key activities related to the database infrastructure and works with other key IS stakeholders and team leaders to coordinate necessary resources, outline action plans and make final development decisions. Delivers solutions in line with user expectations as per defined requirements. Researches and analyzes data in support of troubleshooting production issues. Coordinates with other DBAs and users for resolution. In collaboration with management, guides, educates, and supports other team member to meet these same goals.
- Strong Shell scripting experience preferably with Korn or Bash scripting plus strong understanding with languages and utilities such as awk, sed, and Perl.
- Thorough understanding of high availability, disaster recovery, database backup and recovery concepts.
· Advanced understanding of UNIX/ Linux operating systems and storage concepts.
· Working knowledge with IBM AIX or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
· Knowledge of VMware/ vSAN, Dell PowerMax storage environments .
· Healthcare IT experience.
· Five plus (5+) years of progressive relevant experience working with UNIX/Linux systems preferably as a Database Administrator preferred
· Three-plus (3+) years of experience with Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server. Experience in Caché/IRIS database administration is a plus.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- And 5+ years experience in database administration and data architecture Education Specialization:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.