Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Director Practice Operations - Primary Care
Job ID: 201937
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This is a Primary Care position located at Monroe - 2 Center Drive.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8AM-5PM
Associate Director of Practice is responsible for the coordination, leadership and administration of assigned operational areas, including medical and surgical practices, multispecialty practices, and areas of complex functionality and matrixed leadership structures. Position is expected to directly oversee 3-5 leadership roles, including Practice Supervisor and Practice Manager roles. Typical scope of the combined practices for this role is up to: 20 providers, 50 staff, 35,000 annual patient visits and $5M in annual operating revenue. The Associate Director of Practice Operations partners with clinical leaders in his or her assigned areas to ensure administrative and clinical leadership consistent with Princeton Medicine strategic objectives and goals.
Revelvant experience required, including 3+ years prior management experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Directly oversees assigned areas in alignment with Princeton Medicine objectives and goals, ensuring a high level of operational functioning, financial stewardship, and patient experience.
- Recommends and assist in the development in the strategic long- and short-range plans to support Princeton Medicine objective and goals.
- Provides leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of implementation of operational business plans. Makes thoughtful recommendations from network growth and development opportunities.
- Delegates authority and responsibility to management team members and develops improved management techniques and practices.
- Responsible for alignment of assigned areas around culture of continuous improvement, including effective coaching and development of practice managers and supervisors to ensure organizational bench depth.
- Responsible for supporting implementation of practices and coordination of onboarding of new providers in assigned functional areas.
- Implements and adheres to leadership rounding as defined by Princeton Medicine leadership
- Works closely with physician leaders in dyad structures to ensure aligned clinical administrative leadership.
- Develops and maintains understanding of assigned work areas, including internal organizational dynamics and external best practices.
- Ciommunicates with internal and external stakeholders, supporting recommendations clearly and effectively.
- Responsible for achievement of strategic goals and objective within assigned areas.
- Ensures all patient care related processes deliver high quality and efficient care to patients and their families, and that facitlities and environments of care are clean, safe and patient friendly.
- Ensures that teams and individuals have the clinical, information and organizational tools to serve our patients and customers effectively and efficiently
Direct the supervision, hiring, and evaluation of staff. Empower staff and managers through education and the development of skills to perform designated functions. Provide input on the design of incentives and measures to ensure optimal employee performance.
- Responsible for appropriate stewardship of organizational resources in assigned areas.
- Proactively develops change management strategy for major organizational activities and events in assigned areas
Education and Equivalent Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE