Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202614
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full time (8:30am – 5:00pm)
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Corporate Services
Department: Materials Management Purchasing Buyers
Location: Centre Square West Tower- 1500 Market Street
Hours: (must live reasonable distance from location) Remote, Full time (8:30am – 5:00pm)
Function as a resource/ team lead of POD and manage complex requisitions/requests. Manages Blanket and Standing purchase orders. Provides leadership and guidance for Procurement Specialist and associated tasks. This position is specialized by portfolio.
- Place and Manage Blanket and Standing Orders. Create and Communicate specifics regarding Blanket and Standing Order to requestors and vendors.
- Respond to and manage request for STAT orders that bypass the approval process.
- Resolve invoice issues related to ORCA buyers within 60 days.
- Ensure ORCA Buyers are responding to Buyer Messages per established guidelines
- Work any issues -Buyer Messages, Accounts Payable- related to their Purchase Orders- Blanket and Standing.
- Resolves discrepancies (Quantities, Cost, Invoices) relating to contracts and purchase order.
- Resource to the Procurement Specialist on Issue Resolution
- Manage and complete Requisitions not converting to Purchase Orders.
- Main contact for the Inventory Purchase issues include Backorder, Substitution and pricing issues, aligned by Entity.
- Support Buyer messages and overall performance, assessing KPI’s overseeing for POD.
- Support performance levels of POD, steps in as necessary to fill gaps.
- Manage re-assignment of tasks when Procurement Specialists are not available.
Process and Metrics:
- Identifies new opportunities for improvement and communicates to leadership.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new processes and metrics.
- Meets department metrics for number of lines per month.
- Resolves invoice issues within 60 days.
- Ensures customer service standards and SOP’s are met.
- Contacts appropriate person, department or vendor when researching invoice discrepancies.
- Main contact for the ORCA buyers.
- Main contact when the buyer in the POD is not available.
- Builds relationships with the requestors, ORCA Buyers, clinical staff and other targeted areas to understand needs.
- Customer service oriented and respond to customer with two hours.
- Mentors Procurement Specialist in purchasing standards and resolution of discrepancies.
- Builds relationships with internal customers.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- Associate's Degree Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting is required
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing or Materials Management is required
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Works independently to complete assignments within the established departmental service standards and UPHS procurement policies and procedures. A high degree of speed and accuracy required.
- Excellent customer service and a deep understanding of purchasing and accounts payable.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on expense reduction projects as directed.
- Demonstrated ability in using PCs, MS Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Basic Negotiation Skills
- Positive and friendly approach to end users
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE