This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 201389
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking a part-time, rotating shift Inpatient Pharmacy Intern at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP).
Under the direction and supervision of a registered pharmacist, efficiently and effectively performs functions associated with the procuring, compounding and storage of medications in compliance with department policies and procedures that provide optimal pharmaceutical care.
• Prepares medications for dispensing under the supervision of the pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, documenting, and labeling functions.
• Prepares enhanced sterile product medications and performs needed calculations for preparing final product – consistently meets timelines of preparation within established schedules, policies, and guidelines.
• Assists in the creation, handling, and maintenance of a variety of pharmacy records, to promote efficient operation of the pharmacy and regulatory compliance.
• Assists with the clinical management of assigned patients under the supervision of a pharmacist and as permitted by law and regulation.
• Consistently displays teamwork by actively supporting department changes and willingly and proactively assists co-workers. Assures work for each shift is completed prior to departure.
• Maintains integrity of IVad mixture compounding area. Properly cleans and disinfects laminar flow cabinets, countertops, and equipment as required.
• Maintains dispensing area and medication storeroom in a neat, orderly, and clean condition as observed by the pharmacist.
• Assists with the continuous improvement of the new employee training/orientation program.
• Assists in maintaining proper inventory and control of drugs and supplies purchased by the Pharmacy.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
H.S. Diploma/GED required
Other Enrollment in a PharmD degree program, at an accredited school of pharmacy, required within three (3) years of hire/placement.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.