This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 203561
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full-Time Day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The ASR is an integral member of the health care team who delivers quality care through collaboration and communication with team members. They work under the direct supervision of the nurse manager and the registered nurse to support the clinical, clerical and secretarial operations of the patient care unit. Functions as the first line interface with patients and physicians for the Periop Department. Responsible for working with the Periop Department and Leadership to manage OR schedule and registration process. Coordinates the posting and maintenance of OR case log for department. Assist patients with check in process.
· Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Diversity, Individual Opportunity, Teamwork and Collaboration, Tradition:
· Treats people respectfully
· Effectively manages and efficiently uses all resources
· Open to and respect differences, ideas and suggestions
· Maintains confidentiality
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships
· Adheres to established policies and procedures
· Effectively communicates and ensures understanding of UPHS mission, vision and values
· Makes and keeps commitments
· Meets deadlines and responsive to requests
· Exemplifies in his/her action principles of collegiality and collaboration of all times
· Gathers all components of patient chart, assembles in proper order and ensures all pages of the chart is properly labeled.
· Maintains and updates patient identification bracelets as needed and ensures patient identification bar code stickers are accurate.
· Facilities patient progression through regular updates with the charge nurse and clinical staff.
· Keeps requisition locations filled and ensures sufficient supplies are available at the nurses’ station.
· Monitors stationery and paper product levels; initiates order for supplies as directed by the nurse manager; maintains locations of forms in compliance with established guidelines.
· Maintains work area and mobile workstations in orderly fashion.
· Assists nurse manager in data collection for departmental projects/research when appropriate.
· Provides suggestions at staff meetings and other forums regarding changes in unit practices that provide for improved delivery of patient service.
· Sensitive and responsive to patient, family, and customer satisfaction issues by demonstrating courtesy and respect for patients, family visitors, hospital staff and employees.
· Supports and contributes to the unit’s patient satisfaction goals.
· Communicates pertinent observations to appropriate members of the health care team in a timely fashion.
· Works in collaboration with all members of the healthcare team.
· Carries out unit specific duties and other duties as directed by the Nurse Manager.
· Communicates with ancillary and support services to ensure adequacy of office related equipment and forms. This includes all computer related equipment and supplies. Works with Biomed, Guest Services, IT.
· Actions demonstrate an understanding of appropriate safety and infection control techniques and hospital policy.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
· 1+ years Hospital experience (preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.