Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Nurse Manager RN - Telemetry
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202394
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: FT day shift, 7a-7p, rotating weekends and holiday
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- A professional Registered Nurse who is responsible for the direct supervision of nursing staff which is accomplished by: maintaining open lines of communication with staff and management; providing resource information as requested and overseeing the delivery of safe and clinically competent nursing care that is evidenced based.
- Responsible for the day to day managerial functions of the unit, under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Includes interviewing and hiring; counseling employees and follow through of the disciplinary process, with appropriate documentation; completing performance appraisals in a timely manner and being actively involved in assuring completion of the monthly staff schedule.
- Acts as a role model and mentor for staff in the clinical setting. Responsible for clinical practices on unit as demonstrated by creating patient care assignments which address patient acuity and staff skill set; supervising and acting as resource for staff and routinely evaluating appropriateness of care rendered by staff with follow up as needed.
- Maintain open communication with staff via scheduled shift meetings; maintains good relationships with other departments and nursing units and promptly and effectively resolves problems and complaints.
- Assists unit educator and nurse manager in planning formal orientation program for new staff by assigning preceptor for orientee, following up on orientation goals and checklists and regularly evaluating whether orientee is achieving set goals.
- Responsible for personal development by planning and implementing annual goals and objectives, in conjunction with Nurse Manager’s input, to assure maintenance of clinical competency and enhanced knowledge of managerial concepts. Supports Nurse Manager in guiding and directing staff in a competent and professional manner.
- Promotes effectiveness of risk management, hospital and regulatory compliance on unit, by appropriate education, investigation and enforcement of hospital and regulatory policies and procedures in these areas.
- Collaborates with Nurse Manager and Educator to promote staff development and assure optimal patient outcomes. Actively participates in multidisciplinary rounds and assures staff participation as well.
- Supports customer service and patient/family satisfaction within department and outside of department within the standards ser for hospital. Assures staff’s compliance with customer service standards of unit and hospital.
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality with staff, patients, families and Nursing Administration.
- Participates in various committees and task force as assigned. Maintains other duties and projects as assigned.
- Actively participates in all performance improvement activities of the unit.
- Actively participates in all Magnet related activities.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
At least 1 year experience working as an RN - preferred
Specialty certification - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE