Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Access Supervisor- Heart & Vascular and Surgical Platform
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 203421
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Patient Services Associate Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of customer and patient satisfaction, personnel management, quality management, change management, and workforce planning and staff development. Also responsible for proactively collaborating with Associate Director/Director, administrative and practice leadership for their individual areas on an ongoing basis, to ensure each parties' needs are met, to troubleshoot issues as needed, and to plan for and address departmental Process changes.
- Proactively diagnosing root causes when areas are not achieving performance and service targets, defining and implementing action steps to achieve improved performance, and communicating with the Associate Director/Director administrative and practice leadership for their individual Department/Locations on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for proactively communicating with the Associate Director/Director: status of operations, potential issues that may arise, a plan to resolve issues.
- Helps identify and solve problems to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, patients, and customers; proactively determines underlying or hidden problems that may result in potential issues.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director/Director to ensure staffing needs are met as well as productivity guidelines are followed
- Prepare reports for Associate Director/Director or on departmental activities, which include staff productivity, Individual queue performance, attendance and behavioral statistics and project updates.
- Coordinates monthly/daily staff departments meetings.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance for designated departments
- Must provide assistance with day to day responsibilities
- Comply with all HIPAA and JCAHO regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED and Medical office experience or 2 plus years in customer service. Advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience (Required)
Associate's Degree (Preferred)
- 2+ years Experience in Healthcare/Patient Access preferred.
- 1+ years EPIC or EMR experience (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE