Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Director of Dosimetry at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 203404
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Associate Director of Dosimetry (ADD) is responsible for oversight of the photon and proton dosimetry managers, as well as the lead dosimetrist supporting the department's network locations. The ADD is responsible for dosimetry operations, dosimetry-specific continual process improvement, development and maintenance of metrics of performance and quality, dosimetry-specific policies and procedures, and dosimetry processes at the Perelman Center and in the Radiation Oncology Network locations. The ADD must remain proficient with dedicated time in treatment planning, technology, and processes for different modalities, and possess the necessary skills to train, monitor, and assess the competency levels of dosimetrists to perform their technical duties safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Provide strong leadership and administration over the day-to-day management of dosimetry operations and dosimetry personnel at PCAM and Network Sites in order to deliver exceptional care to patients
- Lead the team of dosimetrists to support a safe, high-quality environment for care delivery
- Directly supervise photon and proton dosimetry managers and lead network dosimetry planners
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety standards (departmental, institutional, Joint Commission, Apex, State, etc.)Ensure patient treatments meet all expectations and safety guidelines
- Responsible for the development of and adherence to all dosimetry-related policies and procedures relevant to the scope of practice
- Continuously review clinical practice standards and provide recommendations for updates related to radiation treatment delivery
- Proactively recommend and implement quality enhancements to dosimetry operations
- Promote safe care via Condition Reporting System reporting. Investigate CRS and Safety Net reports, and non-compliance with established department standards, to identify root cause. Report findings and remediation appropriately.
- Monitors all expenses relative to dosimetry i.e. overtime, supplies, equipment
- Assist in billing, productivity, and other productivity captures.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)- Education Specialization:
Healthcare Related Field
Equivalent Experience with 7+ years Management Experience
- Required - Medical Dosimetrist Cert Board or ABR Certified Medical Physicist
- Master of Arts or Science (Preferred) Education Specialization with Medical Physics
- Ph.D. Education Specialization (Preferred) with Medical Physics
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE