Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Penn DnA (Data and Analytics) Director of Strategy and Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 203391
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Hybrid, M-F, 8am-5pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) is seeking an experienced Director of Strategy and Operations to join our dynamic Data and Analytics team, Penn DnA. In this role, you will ensure the efficient operations of our team by managing budgets, vendor relationships, internal processes and hiring; develop team strategy and goals in partnership with PennDnA leaders and own execution of strategic projects; and develop content for internal and external communications. The Director of Strategy and Operations reports to the AVP of Operations and provides support to the Chief Data & Analytics Officer and PennDnA leadership.
- At Penn Medicine, our mission is to advance the health and well-being of the communities we serve through integrated clinical care, education, and research. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of care and driving innovation to improve patient outcomes. As the Director Strategy and Operations, you will align your efforts with the Penn Medicine mission and work towards fulfilling our vision.
Responsibilities:Ensure efficient PennDnA operations:
Develop and support PennDnA strategy:
- Budget Management: In partnership with Penn Medicine finance, lead budget planning and monitoring, ensuring financial sustainability and accountability, and identify opportunities for cost reductions.
- Vendor Management: Manage vendor contracts, including new and renewal contract execution, purchase orders, and any compliance and reporting requirements. Partner with PennDnA leaders to identify opportunities for vendor rationalization.
- Team culture: Propose and execute tactics to promote positive team culture, enable transparency, and drive engagement and active participation across the teams.
- Internal Operations: Coordinate internal meetings, processes, and workflows to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Talent management: Collaborate with PennDnA leaders to develop and apply consistent standards for performance management, promotions, and all hiring.
Develop and execute PennDnA communication plans:
- Strategy development: Work with the CDAO and team leadership to develop PennDnA strategy, including associated research and analysis.
- Program execution: Take ownership of strategic initiatives and drive execution.
- Goal setting and accountability: Support leaders with goal setting and promote consistent standards across teams, support planning workshops and retreats, and track progress for accountability.
- Communication plan: Develop communication plans for PennDnA for internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistency in messaging and transparency.
- Content development: Support the CDAO and PennDnA leaders in developing compelling content for communications of PennDnA vision, strategy, goals, and progress.
- Digital engagement: Drive engagement with internal and external stakeholders via MS Teams, websites, newsletters, and social media.
- Manage and mentor a small team, providing guidance, support, and development opportunities to ensure their success.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 7+ years of experience providing operations support, project management, and supporting strategic initiatives. (Required)
- Proven experience in budget management and vendor management. (Required)
- Master of Arts or Science and 5+ years of experience providing operations support, project management, and supporting strategic initiatives. (Preferred)
- Healthcare industry experience. (Preferred)
- Able to think strategically, prioritize, and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas effectively.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills. Builds buy-in and commitment through mutual understanding, collaboration, influencing and persuading.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Be a part of the exciting and innovative upcoming years with the Penn Medicine Data and Analytics Team (PennDnA)!
Penn Medicine's Data and Analytics Department focuses its efforts on delivering data and insights to support clinical, operational, financial and research needs of six hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 8,923 physicians.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE