This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 202845
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Place non-stock and bill-only purchase orders for the OR. Work with Periop staff to ensure correct supplies are ordered, received and delivered to meet caseload requirements.
· Participates in Entity and Departmental wide initiatives for Patient / Employee Safety
· Demonstrates an awareness of patient / employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities
· Places orders with vendors, confirms pricing and availability within two business days
· Communicates with peri-operative services on any order not meeting delivery requirements
· Will be detail oriented and possess organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
· Will be customer service oriented and respond to voicemail and emails within 24 hrs.
· Will resolve Buyer Messages within 48 hrs.
· Processes Bill-Only purchase orders for peri-operative services
· Expedites orders as necessary
· Responds promptly and follows through to meet customer needs
· Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients, visitors, vendors and others according to departmental policy
· Cooperates with and demonstrates respect for all hospital personnel and services
· Provides for or facilitates in providing a clean, safe, quiet and secure hospital and/or business environment for all
· Demonstrates courtesy and a professional manner in all phone interactions
· Maintains composure, good judgement and acceptable work performance under all conditions such as, deadlines, workload, situational crises or other causes
· Acts as a liaison between peri-operative services, purchasing and vendors
· Converts all requisitions into purchase orders
· Recommends to Contract Manager, cost effective alternatives
· Directs all requisitions to contracted vendors where applicable and confirms contract pricing
· Takes initiative to respond to inquiries regarding orders
· Resolves discrepancies related to orders places
· Maintains accurate filing system of invoices with assigned purchase order number
· Ensures all purchase orders are made in accordance with UPHS purchasing policies and procedures
· Treats people respectfully
· Effectively manages and uses resources efficiently
· Is open to and respects differences, ideas and suggestions
· Does not participate in non-productive activities or conversations
· Adheres to established policies and procedures
· Seeks clarity to ensure understanding
· Keeps work process simple and reasonable
· Balances priorities
· Ensures understanding of UPHS mission, vision and values
· Exemplifies principles of collegiality and collaboration at all times
· Other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.