Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Recruitment is seeking a Lead MRI Tech for the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania!
The Lead MRI Tech assists Radiology Manager in the day-to-day technical operation of the department in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The lead tech will work collaboratively with the Radiology Manager, medical staff, and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered. Actively supervise the quality of care delivered to patients and participates in departmental QC and performance improvement activities. Follows physician's orders precisely, maintaining a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves and their patients from unnecessary exposure.
- Assists Radiology Manager to organize and coordinate the daily services of the department. Sets appropriate priorities, uses time effectively.
- Assists Radiology Manager with implementation of departmental policies and procedures that guide and support the provisions of services • Demonstrates financial accountability. Provides input on cost savings and productivity enhancements.
- Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals/required results. Is open to suggestions and new ideas from staff. Provides specific feedback, coaching and corrective action when necessary.
- Exemplifies superior customer service skills and performs service recovery.
- Foster teamwork around staff, engage employees in the decision making process when appropriate and values diversity.
- Assists Radiology Manager with employee evaluations within the required time frame.
- Monitors QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Assists Radiology Manager with all regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in departmental and hospital information technologies such as PACS, PennChart and job specific related areas.
- Performs all necessary preparations related to General Diagnostic procedures:
- Obtains patient history, explains the procedure, and addresses any patient concerns prior to beginning the procedure.
- Performs all necessary checks for accuracy of the prescription, precertification/authorization if required by individual insurance companies, PennChart order and patient identification.
- Perform all procedures following the appropriate imaging protocols. All technical factors should be appropriate for the age of the patient with consideration of the tools available for shielding and dose reduction.
- Compiles and reviews images, provides applicable comparison studies, and prepares documentation for interpretation.
- Performs quality control testing as required. •
- Clean, adjust and perform routine maintenance on equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required. •
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Associate degree in radiologic technology required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Current Registration with ARRT
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.