Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 203719
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for complex administrative functions associated with the support of the Neurodiagnostic management team. Responsibilities include administrative support to the Director of Neurodiagnostic Services, coordinating and scheduling patient procedures, hospital procedure charge revenue reconciliation, obtaining prior authorization, staying up to date on managed care changes. Responds to telephone calls and emails in a timely fashion. This position is responsible for obtaining referrals and authorizations for all applicable visits, testing, or procedures performed in an outpatient setting. Verifies eligibility and insurances via various tools and resources. Serves as the in-house expert for referral and authorization requirements - proactively advises patients and staff on insurance/managed care issues. Oversees and manages Neurodiagnostic lab coding processes and works in collaboration with the Department of Neurology to meet department goals. The Administrative Coordinator will also assist with departmental quality improvement initiatives or projects.
- General administrative support of Director and Neurodiagnostic lab supervisors.
- Schedules patients for Neurodiagnostic procedures, and provides resource materials and patient education as needed.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of insurance requirements pertinent to patient services and billing procedures.
- Updates information in EMR including but not limited to: demographics, insurance, referral, pre-authorizations according to UPHS protocol.
- Responsible for facilitating maximum revenue for the practice by managing strategies to collect monies from third party payers by ensuring referrals or authorizations have been obtained. Works to obtain any missing data or information so that the billing processes may proceed seamlessly.
- Comprehends insurance and registration information as it relates to the various plans and benefits. Understands the need for referrals and pre-certs according to insurance requirements and coding.
- Communicates front end issues which may impact revenue process to the Director.
- Receives and responds to all correspondence, telephone calls, and other inquiries from designated carriers and patients.
- Manages all coding for assigned departments and ensures appropriate codes are billed, Applies ICD10 and CPT codes to and corrections to procedures performed in the Neurodiagnostic Labs.
- Establishes and monitors missing charges to ensure accurate charge capture. Effectively manage charge review WQ. Responsible for reconciliation of all Neurodiagnostic procedures each month.
- Actively participates in department meetings/groups to address efficient charge capture processes. Develop and maintain positive relationships with Professional Billing Office.
- Responsible for annual CPT and ICD10 coding sheet updates, revisions, additions and deletions.
- Attends divisional meetings and provides statistics and professional expertise regarding coding regulations, insurer nuances and identifies areas related to denials as needed.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 2+ years Billing/Scheduling or other relevant experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- 1+ years' experience with pre-certs, referrals, and prior authorization
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE