Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Penn DnA Program Manager
Job ID: 203916
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Remote
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Be a part of the exciting and innovative upcoming years with the Penn Medicine Data and Analytics Team (PennDnA)!
Penn Medicine's Data and Analytics Department focuses its efforts on delivering data and insights to support clinical, operational, financial and research needs of six hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 8,923 physicians.
- The Senior Program Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks throughout the development lifecycle within PennDnA's portfolio. This role is essential for coordinating activities to achieve strategic objectives, stakeholder needs, and effective delivery. The Senior Program Manager develops the portfolio roadmap, sets goals, and prioritizes the backlog. They clarify business value and acceptance criteria for both stakeholders and development teams. The Senior Program Manager must manage customer requirements and have a high commitment to detail. In this role, there will be a high level of accountability and visibility within the organization. Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills are necessary. This role must consult with stakeholders, offering expertise in data analysis and providing data-driven strategic recommendations.
- Prioritizes and refines the PennDnA portfolio backlog in alignment with organizational and stakeholder goals
- Develops and maintains a clear portfolio roadmap for ongoing and future features and enhancements
- Continually orders backlog items based on feedback, market changes, and stakeholder input.
- Collaborates with the development team to ensure delivery of the highest value features
- Serves as the main liaison between stakeholders and the development team, ensuring clear communication.
- Engages with stakeholders to clearly define and refine user stories and requirements, identifying acceptance criteria
- Understands and anticipate stakeholder needs and expectations
- Incorporates feedback from stakeholders
- Communicates updates back to stakeholders
- Works closely with PennDnA teams to ensure alignment on portfolio goals and requirements
- Communicates the scope and value behind each user story
- Facilitates discussions, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Collaborates with the development team to identify and address potential risks and remove impediments
- Coordinates testing and validation efforts
- Ensures consistent delivery of valuable increments
- Aligns objectives, timelines, and resources to achieve desired outcomes
- Proactively assess and address problems. If needed, recommends interventions to leaders
- Continually inspects development progress, seeking feedback from stakeholders and end-users
- Provides regular updates to senior management on portfolio progress, impediments, and risks
- Fosters a culture rooted in collaboration, continuous learning, and customer-centricity
- Demonstrates Agile values and principles in all interactions
- Mentors and guides team members in Agile practices, continuously seeking opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- 6+ years of Product Owner, Project Management, Program Manager or other experience leading projects/initiatives (Required)
- 3+ years Agile experience (Required)
- 3+ years Healthcare experience (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrates evidence of project completion
- Possesses a solid understanding of SDLC, specifically Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to translate business requirements and technical requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare operations and systems
- Ability to order features, manage a portfolio backlog, plan a portfolio roadmap
- Ability to identify conflicts and recommend solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with development teams
- Applies knowledge of health care operations and system to facilitate coordination between stakeholders and developers
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and drive alignment across diverse teams using persuasive communication and strategic relationship-building
- Ability to identify and manage scope creep
- Aptitude for assessing group dynamics and adapting communication strategies to the audience's needs.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE