Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager, Lab Information Services
Job ID: 203424
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F, Hybrid, 8:30am-5pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for leading and managing multiple cross-functional work teams relating to the development and support of Lab I.S. application solutions that achieve successful performance goals for the overseeing project plans to ensure milestones and project deliverables are met. Develop working knowledge of LIS systems and business processes and be able to identify process improvement initiatives and targeted opportunities for improvements in the application. Manage and coordinate the development of new functionality, testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases and system upgrades, and fixing system defects. Develop the change management procedures and protocols for the department; create and maintain all policies and procedures for all assigned applications, and develop, plan and execute testing for supported applications. Communicates all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams. Monitors and manages team adherence to established policies and procedures. Responsible for planning and ensuring professional development initiatives are met within the team.
- Delivers customer service to IS and operational clients seamlessly across system boundaries.
- Ensures safety, confidentiality & security of employee and patient data.
- Manages cross-functional team members to determine and define specific analytical and technical systems information requirements, objectives and solution sets for the enhancements and configuration of the application.
- Manages team members through the project management life cycle to ensure that overall progress and management of application project tasks are on track.
- Works through complicated and political project situations effectively and with successful outcomes.
- Clearly articulates problems, issues, and potential solutions to team members, clients and organizational administration.
- Promptly identifies, documents, and resolves problems with system functionality.
- Coordinates and adheres to strict implementation project schedules, and handles multiple assignments.
- Communicates clearly problems, issues and potential solutions to team members, clients and organizational administration.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. (Required)
- 7+ years of experience in IT with 2+ years of supervisory experience. (Required)
- Master's degree and 5+ years of experience in healthcare IT. (Preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot, research and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management to include: IT, consulting, clinicians, clinical administrators, etc.
- LIS applications Lead experience in either an application support or implementation role preferred.
- Strong with process improvement and project management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and personnel (leads and analysts).
- Vendor management skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of lab information system applications in the practicing healthcare environment preferred.
- Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE