Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
MRI Tech- HUP- Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (No Call/Holiday/Weekends Req)
Job ID: 204450
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Flexible- 3 12's/4 10's/5 or 5 8/hr shifts
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs a variety of MRI and MRA procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols and assists the Radiologists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. The MRI Technologist will treat all patients professionally and function as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs.
- Performs all necessary checks of diagnosis, prescription, Epic order and patient identification as demonstrated by documentation.
- Greets patients--confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
- Obtains patient history, screens patients for any and all surgeries and implanted items, explains procedures, gains consent for contrast and verifies GFR as needed, and addresses patient concerns as demonstrated by documentation and feedback.
- Place angiocatheters, inject IV MRI contrast agents as directed by the Radiologist.
- Operates the MRI scanner and all RF coils, MRI workstations, patient monitoring equipment and MR injectors to produce high quality images.
- Archive and Verify MRI images to hard-copy format as needed.
- Performs quality assurance testing consistent with section protocols.
- Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and wellbeing throughout the study.
- Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable protocol.
- Compliance with OSHA, TJC, DOH and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
- Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock in an orderly fashion and eliminating outdated items.
- Responds to emergency situations according to department policies.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships within the facility and with outside customers of our services.
- Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
- ARRT registered in MRI or taken within the first year of employment
- MRI Certification
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduated from an approved Radiologic and/or MRI Resonance technology program required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE