Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) is seeking an experienced Senior Consultant, People Analytics, to join our dynamic Data and Analytics team, PennDnA. In this role, you will collaborate with people leaders from across departments to develop bold new data-driven strategies for addressing workforce issues. As a subject matter expert, you will help to develop PennDnA’s People Analytics strategy and capabilities to achieve critical organizational goals related to identifying, recruiting, retaining, and developing top talent.
At Penn Medicine, our mission is to advance the health and well-being of the communities we serve through integrated clinical care, education, and research. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of care and driving innovation to improve patient outcomes. As the Senior Consultant, People Analytics, you will align your efforts with the Penn Medicine mission and work towards fulfilling our vision.
- Consultation: Uses expertise in workforce issues and people analytics to collaborate with leaders, understand their strategic goals, refine data requests, and propose additional analyses. Analyzes and interpret workforce data, generate data-driven insights and translate them into actionable strategy recommendations. Connects insights with the organization's broader business and workforce strategies.
- People Analytics Expertise: Serves as an expert in people analytics for the team. Stays abreast of developments in the field of people analytics and apply new thinking, as appropriate. Contributes to the development of PennDnA’s People Analytics strategy and goals. Helps identify key capabilities required to scale and maximize impact.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: Works with minimal supervision, conduct in-depth analyses of workforce data to identify trends, patterns, and correlations. Identifies potential sources of workforce data. Assesses their quality and relevance to key business questions. Determines how to synthesize disparate data sets to yield insights.
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicates complex data findings to a variety of audiences, adapting messaging as needed. Clearly articulates the analyses' strengths, weaknesses, and potential implications for decision-making.
- Reporting: Develops and deliver clear, concise, and visually appealing reports and dashboards for communicating findings to leaders.
- Leadership: Provides informal mentorship to other team members.
- Continuous Improvement: Stays updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging tools in people analytics.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field. (Required)
- 5+ years of experience working with large, complex datasets and conducting data analysis. (Required)
- 2+ years of experience in people analytics, including hands-on experience with workforce data and experience with ERPs, such as Infor or Workday. (Required)
- Master's degree in Business, HR, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field. (Preferred)
- Relevant certifications (e.g., in data analytics or HR management) (Preferred)
- Healthcare experience (Preferred)
- Proven track record of analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data visualization tools.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate data insights into actionable business recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to build relationships with and act as a thought partner to leaders.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
If you are a motivated professional with a passion for leveraging data to improve workforce strategy and drive business performance, we invite you to apply for the position of Senior Consultant, People Analytics, at the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
To apply, please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume, through our online application portal. We look forward to considering your candidacy.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.