Job ID: 205386
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: kennett Square, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 30 hours a week. Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
GENERAL SUMMARY STATEMENT
Works directly with the Encore Shop Manager coordinating merchandise sales, operations and merchandise acceptance and processing. Includes staff/volunteer training and orientation, maintaining an inviting shopping experience and maintaining financial accountability. Identifies concerns as needed to ensure quality services and adherence to regulatory requirements. Applies all policies consistently, seeking counsel with Manager or Encore leadership when necessary. Serves in the Manager’s place during vacation and other instances where manager is unavailable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works with Manager and Kennett Square Auxiliary Board to effectively utilize available resources to efficiently manage daily operations, including opening & closing and merchandise processing.
· Encourages, supports and when appropriate, implements suggestions for improving the operating efficiency and quality of Encore
· Is vigilant about customer, volunteer and staff safety and security, maintaining established policies and practices.
· Ensures that the shop, office and other work areas are neat and orderly.
Merchandise Processing & Operations
· Effectively troubleshoots problems with industry-specific software operations (Resaleworld REACT). Supports employee and volunteer computer questions and concerns.
· Shares responsibility for all facets of merchandise acquisition, including selection, pricing, processing and merchandising.
· Works with manager to inventory, maintain and purchase supplies.
· Assists Encore Shop Manager in preparation of annual Shop budget.
· Works with manager to maintain expenses within budgeted limits.
· Cooperatively seeks new opportunities for revenue growth / expense reduction
· Prepare consignment payouts as directed, and prepare daily bank deposits
· Assist in development, implementation of Marketing efforts using Social Media (Facebook, Instagram).
· Demonstrate skills as Facebook Administrator
Education Training and Experience
Retail experience preferred.
Reports directly to Encore Shop Manager as well as Kennett Square Auxiliary Board of Directors, the Chester County Hospital Foundation and The Chester County Hospital Management team.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.