Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Social Worker I MSW-PAH
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 205233
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital is looking for a FT Social Worker!!!
Location: 800 Spruce St.
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5pm
- Identifies patients who require social work services in the Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Division of the Department of Neurology at PAH Patient population including but not limited to: Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Ataxia and other movement disorders. Team member of multidisciplinary clinics. Assesses patient’s needs and use of health care services within the limitations of patient’s support system. Established plans and interventions with patient/family and health care team for addressing needs. Facilitates support group, educational and outreach activities as needed.
- Anticipates customer/patient needs and assures they are met.
- Maintains a pleasant disposition at all times even in the most adverse circumstances.
- Delivers patient/customer service seamlessly across the system boundaries.
- Complies with identified service standards.
- Takes ownership of customer needs and follows through to make sure needs are met.
- Knows the process of when and whom to notify when an issue becomes too complicated to solve.
- Patient Identification: Locates patients/families requiring social work services.
- Assesses patient’s needs and use of health care services within the limitations of the patient’s support systems and patient/families psychological, emotional and social functioning in relationship to the patient’s illness, treatments and care needs.
- Establishes plans for collaboration with patient/family and the health care team.
- Establishes and carries out plans to ameliorate individual and family dysfunction.
- Provides information and referral to community resources for ongoing assistance with social concerns of both patients and families.
- Provides psycho-social programs such as support groups, psycho-educational programs as needed.
- Documentation: Complies, records, maintains and files information according to procedures as required for accurate and up -to -date patient assessments, dept. records and reports.
- Communicates work methods and other information to employees, students or the public accurately, clearly and concisely.
- Maintains effective coordination of all activities with others including hospital staff and outside agencies and vendors to accomplish work activities and goals.
- Problem Solving: Resolves problems relating to work assignments, departmental functioning and/or departmental services in a timely manner. Non- Essential Accountabilities.
- Participates in the work of the department’s ad hoc and standing committees.
- Participates in meetings, study groups and special projects within the department or hospital.
- Participates in community programs designed to improve community resources needed by patients.
- Performs other duties in area of responsibility as may be assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience is preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE