Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Business Analyst Physical Plant- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 203790
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of the Physical Plant at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time Business Analyst:
- The Business Analyst works under direction of the Assistant Director of Business Operations to provide Accounting and Budgeting for the Department of Physical Plant and the Security Department. Technical skills and abilities must include an above average knowledge of accounting principles and concepts related to financial reporting and budgeting and the ability to analyze, compare, interpret and suggest solutions to accounting and finance issues while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Financial planning and management services, including results reporting, performance analysis, program evaluation, forecasting, modeling, and facilitation of capital and operating budget processes while promoting effective and efficient controls.Timely production and distribution of monthly financial reports for the HUP Facilities and Security portfolio, including: Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (including Smilow Translational Research Center) HUP (34th and Spruce St, including HUP Main and HUP Pavilion) HUP Cedar (54th and Cedar Avenue) 3600 Civic Center Blvd Interventional Support Center Penn Medicine at RittenhouseCompletes Journal Entries as part of the monthly financial close process and investigate and provide accurate explanations for variances between actual and budget.Monitors daily business transactions, accounting activities including accounts payable processing, direct report payroll processing, monthly variance analysis, contract management and billing compliance.Determines current year projections in preparation for the annual operating budget.Collaborates with Assistant Director of Facilities Business Operations in developing programs, services and initiatives to anticipate future customer needs.Develop and maintains purchasing and invoicing tracking reports to ensure all costs are captured.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Accounting/Finance/Business (Required)
- 3+ years General Accounting experience or related field (Required)
- Experience in a hospital or health system (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE