Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Nurse Manager - Cardiology ICU/PCU at HUP Pavilion (Full-time)
Job ID: 205704
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Assists Nurse Manager by assuming 24-hour accountability for the operation of the designated patient care unit(s). This includes the provision of leadership to improve patient care, enhance professional development and achieve nursing goals. ANM will share responsibility in staffing, timecards, scheduling, evaluation of staff performance, and assure that staff meets necessary competencies in order to comply with state regulations and hospital policies.
- Ensure that the unit personnel establish a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through utilization of the principles of Relationship Based Care and effective communication. • Supports the Nurse Manager in establishing/updating processes and work practices for the unit/department • In partnership with the manager, ensure appropriate clinical staffing levels which promote safe, quality patient care and fiscal responsibility. • Monitor clinical competency of staff • Utilize quality monitoring data to assess the effectiveness of clinical processes and improve patient outcomes • Engage in interdisciplinary collaborative practice to promote safety, quality, and problem solving • Demonstrates understanding of Magnet standards and aligns organization to meet them. Supports Magnet and Shared Governance initiatives and principles of inclusion. • Development of staff: encouraging continuous growth and helps staff to realize full potential by identifying stretch objectives and creating learning plans. • Effectively manages and efficiently uses all resources. Adheres to establishing policies and procedures. Effectively communicates and ensures understanding of UPHS’ mission, vision, values. • Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures • Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- RN- Currently licensed as a professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Education Specialization: Nursing
- Master of Arts or Science
- Education Specialization: Nursing Leadership
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE