Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Pharmacy Tech I Ambulatory Retail
Job ID: 205232
Work Type: FT
Location: Radnor, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Summary: You will be responsible to process prescriptions through the pharmacy system including adjudication of claims to third party insurance plans, for the filling of medication orders timely and accurately, recognize common drug names, and select proper drug, dosage form, strength and quantity, as appropriate for review by the Pharmacist. Throughout the work period you will be stationed at the drop-off/pick-up windows and various filling counters in the pharmacy. You will also provide timely communication to the Pharmacist for checking and general activities including proper customer service, patient/employee safety, operational/schedule needs, inventory control, etc. (Radnor Pharmacy - 145 King of Prussia Road)
- Calculates correctly and accurately amount of medication to be dispensed based on days supply allowed, age, etc.
- Monitors patient profiles, drug utilization, and insurance carrier messages for medication compliance, age related issues etc. and obtains pharmacist intervention when needed.
- Complies in all activities with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements for a specific practice setting.
- Complies with all third-party insurance plan rules and regulations.
- Where appropriate, the technician assists the Pharmacist in assuring that patient specific parameters including weight and age, etc. are considered in medication preparation.
- Fills orders and prescriptions accurately and courteously.
- Fills medication labels, correctly in a timely fashion.
- Returns medications to appropriate areas as identified by policy or Pharmacist direction.
- Keeps active inventory in work area, appropriately restocks area with returned medications.
- Provides timely communications to Pharmacist for checking, delivery and general activities.
- Plans, maintains, controls inventory levels. 10. Completes billing, credits, in a timely manner.
- Proficiency on all systems.
- Completes times cards accurately and timely.
- Punctual arrival to work and return from breaks/lunch.
- Provides support for other staff members toward their overall effectiveness.
- Contributes to the achievement of departmental goals.
- Takes responsibility for their own professional development.
- All under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist.
- Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school graduate/equivalent required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE