Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Data Entry Processor
Department: Physician Billing Office
This position can be worked remotely from anywhere in the tri-state area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to accurate and timely entry of all charges, payment, adjustments and refunds into the EPIC System. Understanding the charge capture process and reporting inconsistencies to Manager. Following policy and procedure as it relates to data entry.
- All data is entered timely and accurately.
- Meets departmental productivity guidelines.
- All data for un-reconciled batches are entered & reconciled within 24 to 48 hours of received date.
- All credit Variances, Refund variances and missing EOB forms are complete and turned in within 24 hours of creation date.
- Discrepancies are accurately entered with the EDI number and check number in the appropriate fields.
- Maintains updated knowledge and efficiently and accurately uses the EPIC system.
- Develops and maintains excellent knowledge base of billing requirements of third-party insurance carriers, as assigned (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial, HMO, etc.) Maintains knowledge of Medical Center’s Managed Care Contracts.
- Ability to use various databases.
- Follows workload priority and performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or coordinator on a basis in order to meet or exceed departmental goals and objectives.
- Employees is punctual and maintains an excellent attendance record.
- Ability to perform varied duties displays willingness to learn new tasks and accept change.
- Enables staff to deliver great quality care and service with effective process and tools.
- Understands their role in the process and sets up the success of others in the process.
- Participates in proactive communication and problem solving to enable high performance of team and individuals.
- Continuously monitors performance level of self and the process they work within to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Must attend and pass all EPIC modules.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have knowledge of computerized medical billing system.
- Must have a high level of productivity.
- Must have good command of the English language.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
- Knowledge of regional third party payer’s preferred.
- Experience in physician or hospital billing setting desirable.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.