Job ID: 205575
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Responsible for the distribution of medical supplies and equipment throughout the hospital. Responsible for daily stocking of storeroom from vendor delivered inventory order. Insures accurate placement of products within storeroom. The accurate and timely restocking of assigned areas. Retrieval of 02 tanks and soiled equipment. Maintains an orderly work environment. Accurate recording of inventory issues and communication of problems to management.
• Responds to requests, for supplies/equipment in a timely manner
• Notify appropriate management if unable to deliver supply or service
• Participate in department meetings/action planning
• Restocks assigned area with supplies accurately and timely
• Restocks storeroom in an organized and accurate manner
• Records product information (quantity and item #1 for accurate charging to using department
• Rotates stock as it is put away
• Records all issues from inventory
• Delivers medical products t and equipment to correct locations
• Retrieves soiled equipment
• Prints pick tickets and complete charging process in the Lawson system
• Deliver and retrieve oxygen cylinders
• Asssembles tractions
• Accurately retocks omnicell machines
• Restocks code carts
• Deliver specimens
• IV Solution management to include
• Insuring IV fluids are secure and locked
• In all areas of hospital including par locations, central storeroom and Receiving Area.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, polices, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organizationWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.