Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 206634
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8am-4:30pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
Under the direction of the Patient Services Manager, supervises food service employees in the main kitchen and cafeteria. A Supervisor maintains hospital, Department and regulatory agency standards for safety, sanitation, quality, and cost containment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures host/hostess complies with proper customer service skills when interacting with the patients – i.e.: consistently knocks on patient’s door before entering, addresses patient with a greeting, speaks in a pleasant/ courteous manner and departs room with a salutation.
- Acts on patient requests immediately and ensures proper follow-up.
- Accommodates last minute diet changes and requests on units and communicates needs immediately to the team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of dietary restrictions by modifying meal trays appropriately for all diets. Notifies patients of any changes being made.
- Supervises late trays by ensuring that late trays are prepared and delivered within 30 minutes of the request – regardless of requesting department. Late trays are prepared between floors when tray line is still in progress, as needed.
- Responds to all staff, peers, and nursing personnel in a courteous, professional and timely manner, using good interpersonal skills. Takes immediate and appropriate action to resolve customer/ patient complaints and/or requests.
- Meets or exceeds peer group mean for “Overall Satisfaction with Food Service” on patient satisfaction survey (internal and external survey).
- Maintains all refrigerator, dish machine and pot machine temperature logs each shift.
- Maintains accurate records – requisitions, employee time and attendance variations, etc. for weekly and end of the month reports. Provides complete report to management in a timely manner as directed.
- Accurately prepares all outlier tray slips and meal sheets for the hosts/ hostesses with outliers highlighted prior to the start of each meal.
- Follows departmental procedures in the event the computer is down. Notifies nursing floors when there is a departmental printer or computer problems to ensure proper communication.
- Maintains office supplies by reporting needs to the dept. administrative assistant.
- Checks sanitation checklists for completeness and quality of employee’s performance. Ensures employees thoroughly clean and sanitize work area on a daily basis.
Education Training and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of two years experience in a health care facility. Good interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
Must be familiar with institutional kitchen equipment, computer, calculator, phone etiquette and cash handling. A degree in Nutrition or Foodservice Management preferred.
Current Serv Safe Certification
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE