Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 205462
Category: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Somers Point, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Clinical Care Associates - Penn Primary Care (PPC) and Penn Specialty Practices (PSP) of Penn Medicine Medical Group (PMMG)
Department: Somers Point Pulmonary NJ
Location: NJ Somers Point Pulmonary – 155 Medical Center Way
Hours: Per Departmental Needs
- Responsible for performing various pulmonary function and exercise studies and diagnostic procedures.
- Performs routine pulmonary and exercise diagnostic procedures and assists the physician with special studies requiring a high degree of technical sophistication.
- Ensures that all procedures are performed safely, consistently and accurately in accordance with laboratory policy.
- Maintains the functional accuracy of and performs routine maintenance and quality control procedures on the laboratory instrumentation.
- Responsible for setting up and performing all of the procedures which are the scope of practice of the pulmonary lab.
- Performs data collection, analysis, computation, and report generation for all tests performed.
- Acts as a technical resource and support person for the pulmonary physicians and ordering physicians.
- Participates in the training of students.
- Maintains supply inventory, performs billing, MIS functions and necessary clerical duties which assure the complete testing process.
- Participates in patient and family education.
- May be called upon to perform the duties of a Respiratory Therapist as needed and if appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate safety and infection control techniques.
- PA or NJ state licensed Respiratory Care Therapist (Required)
- CRTT, RRT, CPFT, or RPFT or Certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as a certified Exercise Test Technologist
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate's Degree Respiratory Care And 4+ years experience in a pulmonary function or exercise lab (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree Exercise Physiology (Preferred)
- formal training program in Respiratory Care and in Cardiopulmonary Technology, Exercise Physiology, Pulmonary, or Cardiac Rehabilitation (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE