Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Mgr Ambulatory Access Center
Job ID: 206256
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Access Center
Location: 1500 Market Street, Philadelphia (Hybrid)
Hours: Full-Time, Per Departmental Needs
- The Manager, Ambulatory Access Center is responsible for the operations of regionally-based Penn Medicine practices, supporting outstanding patient care while ensuring excellent operational performance, patient experience, and fiscal responsibility for multiple locations across Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The manager will lead a high performing multi-department call center by accurately tracking, reporting, and improving stated performance metrics. The Manager will partner closely with Access Center and practice leadership to execute and support strategic and tactical plans across the region for patient access. The Manager will develop and manage multiple highly capable and committed Supervisor, Coordinator, and Access Services Associate teams that share a passion for highest quality patient-centered care; multi-stakeholder collaboration; process improvement; financial accountability; Physician/employee engagement and satisfaction. The Manager is responsible for 50+ FTEs. The Manager provides oversight and direction for patient call navigation and registration services to the Department population within the Access Center and also assumes supervisory and training responsibilities for the Access Center staff. Oversees the daily schedule and operations of the call team and serves as both the expert and the liaison between Department practice physicians/advanced practice providers to ensure daily performance expectations are communicated and met. Responsibilities include the management of all aspects of access center operations, including internal and external to the department, customer and patient satisfaction, personnel management of Supervisors, Patient Service Coordinators and Access Service Associates, scheduling, registration. Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the Access Center. The scope of this work includes anticipating and facilitating multimodality dynamic scheduling for patients and coordination of care across various specialties including routing appropriate clinical calls back to the respective practice care teams.
- Effectively communicates and navigates landscape with internal and external stakeholders. A demonstrated track record of success in creating an environment that facilitates an outstanding patient and employee experience. Confident, service-oriented, collaborative, dynamic leader with demonstrated relationship-building and project management skills. Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries to achieve change and results. (Provides support to departmental operations to achieve established goals)Lead a high performing multi-department call center organization by accurately tracking, reporting and improving stated performance metrics. Develop a productive, open and honest client relationship through effective communication and attention to operational detail. Collaborates with the primary clinical provider, practice care team and data analyst to create, use, and maintain a navigational reporting structure that is able to track the progress of patients who are receiving navigational services. Position requires frequent travel to regional Penn Medicine practices, hospitals and other regional locations as needed to facilitate projects. Monitors and oversees the simulation scheduling process to ensure timely completion of patient scheduling utilizing effective communication and documentation to the clinical team and patient. Develops and continuously improves Access Center scheduling and patient care processes. Tracks departmental processes and reports to ensure access center benchmarks are developed and met. Adheres to department access policies and recommends changes as appropriate, with a focus on continuous process improvement and optimized patient access. Responsible for access team metrics/reporting to key service line stakeholders. Maintains a patient and customer focus based on patient satisfaction and other indicators
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3-5+ years of progressive management experience preferably in health care setting with emphasis in Patient Access / Call Center Management.
- 3+ years preferably in health care setting with emphasis in Patient Access / Call Center Management
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE