Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Registered Nurse - Full Time, Night Shift - Med-Surg at Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 204300
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part Time, Night Shift 7p-7a, Every third weekend
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pennsylvania Hospital is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Nursing 6 Cathcart Team. This is a full time, night opportunity.
6 Cathcart is a complex 43 bed medical-surgical unit at Pennsylvania Hospital that provides the highest quality of care to its patients. 6 Cathcart also achieves outcomes that exceed national benchmarks in quality, employee engagement and patient satisfaction through a strong interdisciplinary team approach.
Surgical service lines include Colorectal, Urology, Gynecology, Otorhinolaryngology and General Surgery. While a majority of our patient volume is surgery, we also care for general medicine patients. RN patient assignments are most frequently 3-5:1, depending on the overall acuity of the assignment, which is measured by our acuity scale. These patient assignments are also supported by highly skilled Patient Care Technicians (PCT) that perform vital signs, accuchecks, electrocardiograms, intake and outputs, phlebotomy, assistance with ADLs and ambulation. The PCT patient assignments are most frequently 8-12:1, again depending on the overall acuity of the assignment.
- Professional Practice Competency Domains Definitions
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
- Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
- Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine.
- Person and Family Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
- Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization and advancing community outreach.
- Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
- Technology/Informatics: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
- Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide for safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams.
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
- More than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE