Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Student Nursing Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 206800
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
If you are a dedicated nursing student seeking practical experience and are passionate about making a positive impact on patient care, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding Student Nursing Assistant position!!
We are seeking dedicated and compassionate Nursing Students to join our Ambulatory Nursing team this summer! This position is ideal for nursing students looking for…
- Hands-on experience in an Ambulatory healthcare setting.
- An opportunity for mentorship from experienced nursing professionals.
- Competitive compensation and growth within the healthcare organization.
Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania (CPUP)
Department: Ambulatory Nurse Float Pool
Location: Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (PCAM), 3400 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
Hours: Per Departmental Needs - Per Diem
- The Student Nursing Assistant functions as a member of the health care team under the supervision of the clinical team. The student nursing assistant works to support and assist in the delivery of quality care to our patients and families. The student will assist with the essential clinical duties and the gathering and dissemination of patient information.
- Identifies the patient per policy before carrying out functions.
- Administers immunizations according to entity policy and evidence based practice under the supervision of a nurse.
- Gathers patient information and documents essential health screening survey data and escalates to the clinical care team as appropriate; Includes available auxiliary information i.e. physician, lab, x-ray.
- Participates in therapeutic communication.
- Provides information to the members of the clinical care team for coordination of care including both the patient and family.
- Observes skin changes and reports discoloration, abrasions, infestations, or skin breakdown.
- Maintains infection control standards.
- Provides positive patient experience.
- Participates in Special Projects.
- Items not to be Performed:
- Intravenous therapy
- Taking of Verbal Orders
- Central Line Care/Procedure
- Total Parental Nutrition Administration
- Chemotherapy Administration
- Blood Administration
- Telephone Triage
- In Basket Management
- Pools Management
- Results Reporting
- Basic Cardiac Life Support required
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED required
- Enrolled in an accredited school of nursing required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE