This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 207255
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: PT; Every other weekend Sat/Sun 7a-7p
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a part-time Intervention Nurse for MRI in the Interventional Radiology department.
The shift is as follows: Every other Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p
No call required.
Summary: The MRI nurse is responsible for the care and management of patients undergoing routine and urgent imaging in MRI. Imaging is commonly done for postoperative and neurological patients.
The Interventional Radiology Division offers the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of diseases using minimally invasive techniques. Many conditions that previously required traditional open surgery can now be treated with small catheters or other devices guided by radiologic imaging, allowing for a faster recovery, and a less costly procedure.
Conditions treated include:
• Acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis
• Diseases of the lymphatic system
• Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
• Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations
• Endoleaks from abdominal aortic aneurysms
• Cancer (liver, kidney, bone and lung)
• Peripheral arterial disease/critical limb ischemia (CLI)
• Vascular malformations/varicose and spider veins
• Women's health conditions (eg. uterine fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome)
• Hemodialysis access dysfunction
Here are a few of the minimally invasive techniques used:
• Liver directed tumor therapy (chemoembolization/radioembolization/tumor ablation)
• Uterine artery embolization (UAE)
• Varicocele embolization
• Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts
• IVC filter placement/complex IVC filter removal
• DVT thrombolysis
• Laser ablation for varicose veins
• Arterial revascularization
Care of the patient pre, intra and post procedure
Common procedures include: vascular access placement, drain placement/exchange, angiography, lymphangiograms, embolizations, ablations, biopsies, liver-directed therapies, adrenal vein sampling, venous recanalization, and radiation therapy.
Collaboration with physicians and radiology technologists to provide comprehensive patient care
Administration of moderate sedation
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.