Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 207128
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Hamilton, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under supervision from the Director of outpatient services and other clinical directors, provides comprehensive oversight of the program including senior level clinical leadership in treatment planning and patient care, program development and refinement, supervision and evaluation of staff performance and performance improvement activities.
- Clinical Competency and supervision/oversight:
- Provide senior level clinical expertise in treatment planning and patient care for assigned program(s).
- Oversee and assist staff in managing clinical crises and transfer to inpatient units.
- Provide clinical supervision to staff and facilitate team meetings.
- Provide orientation for new employees and clearly communicate expectations
- Set goals for staff training, education and self-development in collaboration with clinical and administrative directors and oversee attendance at trainings.
- Ensure staff compliance with annual competencies and assist in maintenance of human resource files with director of outpatient services.
- Program Development:
- Collaborate with clinical director to develop and oversee all aspects of clinical services using best practices approaches for respective clinical population
- Ensures that best practice approaches are implemented in their clinical area.
- Recommend areas for overall staff training and development as well as program growth in collaboration with administrative and clinical directors.
- Team Leadership:
- Monitor program resources and develop staff and group schedules, assign staff according to need. Work with other managers to strengthen cross coverage across units and centers.
- Set a tone and facilitates good working team relationships and communication; models Caring Customer Service behaviors for internal and external customers.
- Set clear expectations for teamwork among staff.
- Act as liaison within the PHBH continuum
- Works with director and management team to ensure collaboration across units for activities such as transfers, transportation, and shared staff events/meetings.
- Administrative Functions:
- Provide regular feedback of performance and annually evaluate the performance of clinical staff.
- Monitor staff progress toward the attainment of annual goals
- Participate in the preparation and revision of policies and procedures pertaining to Princeton House’s overall outpatient service programs.
- Provide support and back up for Utilization Reviewer and UM process
- Monitor daily census of program. Collaborate with clinical and administrative directors, marketing, and program staff to attain budgeted census and length of stay targets.
- Regulatory Oversight:
- Work with administrative director to ensure that the program remains in compliance with various regulatory bodies such as Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and the New Jersey DHS, DMHAS and DCF.
- Perform chart audits to assess staff compliance with documentation requirements.
- Performance Improvement:
- Assume a leadership role in the implementation of hospital and program performance improvement plans, initiatives and goals.
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers/staff within and outside of the department to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Oversee issues such as incidents, complaints, length of stay, status at discharge, and attendance to ensure best possible treatment outcomes.
- Facilitate program performance improvement meetings and maintain minutes for clinical unit.
- Actively market program through a variety of mechanisms including presentations, meetings with referral sources, development of marketing strategies, etc.
- Promote and maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Participate in the outpatient telephone on call system
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- CADC or LCSW or LPC or PS (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Masters degree in social sciences is required. Independent licensure (LCSW, LPC, PhD or LCADC) is required.
Five years experience in a mental health field and treatment of the program's patient population and two years of supervisory experience is required. Supervisory certification in Field instruction preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE