Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The EEG Technician is responsible for operating EEG equipment, which is used to diagnose sleep, brain and neurological disorders.This may involve provision of polysomnograph, electroencephalagraph, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education, consistent with departmental policies.
- Gather all the needed materials for conducting EEG procedures (i.e. paper measuring tape, wax pencil, NuPrep, alcohol wipes, conductive paste, gauze, cotton tip applicator, tongue blade, electrode foam pads, EEG headbox, etc.).
- Collect and document the patient's medical history.
- Prepare and calibrates equipment required for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments as necessary.
- Explain pre-testing, testing, and post-testing procedures to the patient this will help to keep them calm and remove any fear that they may have of this procedure.
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
- Perform Bio Calibrations, Verbal Stimulation, Hyper/hypoventilation, & Photic Stimulation tests
- Generate and complete appropriate reports for final physician's interpretation
- Enter charges for appropriate medical procedures
- Associate's Degree (Required)
- Associate's Degree (Preferred)
- Experience in patient care as a polysomnographic technologist, eeg technologist, or related position.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.