Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
A Brief Overview
Must have the knowledge and ability to prep patients and perform all stress testing. He/She must be familiar with precautions required when working with radioactive materials and patients. He/She must learn and perform IV placement.
What you will do
- Patient/Customer Essential Accountabilities •Conducts patient interviews and histories. •Properly identifies patients and explains procedures. •Produces paperwork, charts, and billing information for each patient.. •Answers the phone professionally and takes messages that include information needed – phone number & name. •Takes proper precautions to ensure patient and personal safety when working with radioactive materials. •Follows JCAHO and state regulations, aseptic procedures, and universal precautions at all times. Non-Essential Accountabilities •Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety environmental and infection control standards. •Observes patients during procedure and while in department and reports any unusual occurrences to appropriate personnel. •Ability to follow duties through to completion. •Participates in education programs and in-service meetings. •Knows and performs their duties during an emergency such as a code. •Participates in improving the department through suggestions and implementation of PI procedures. •Participates in staff meetings. •Maintains professional behavior at all times. Age Specific Accountabilities Identify the competencies required for each patient population that the employee works with (neonate, child, adolescent, young adult, middle adult and older adult) Adolescent, young adult, middle adult, and older adult. Non-Patient Care •Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for Patient /Employee safety •Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position. Patient Care Providers •Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for Patient /Employee safety •Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position. •Validation of annual competencies required for the position (see attached addendum) Communication Skills •Follow professional and proper telephone etiquette using interpersonal skills and required job knowledge. •Communicates appropriately and effectively with supervisor, physicians, NPs, PAs, peers, coworkers, staff from other departments, patients/customers, and outside agencies. •Informs the manager of any unusual occurrences or equipment failure.
- Operations Essential Accountabilities: •Preps patients with EKG leads, takes blood pressures for test and operates EKG monitors. •Places IV’s using universal precautions and aseptic technique. •Accurately sets up pharmaceuticals and IVACS and assists the physician/NP/PA in the administration of the pharmaceutical stress agents. •Performs stress testing as applicable by location including basic treadmill, nuclear treadmill, Persantine perfusion, Dobutamine perfusion, Lexiscan perfusion, cardio-pulmonary treadmill, stress echo, and Dobutamine stress echo testing. •Participates and performs research studies along with physicians/NP/PA. •Works as a team member and communicates clearly and appropriately. •Willingly to help other personnel including personnel from other departments when needed. •Keeps the supervisor informed of any problems that arise. •Assists supervisor and lead stress tech in training new personnel. •Shows a positive attitude towards work. Performs work willingly and without being asked or told. Is friendly toward other staff and patients. Non-essential Accountabilities •Non-Essential Accountabilities: •Unpack and store supplies. •Performs other duties as required. •Keeps personal appearance, hygiene, speech and etiquette on a professional level. •Keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Core Values •Treats people respectfully. •Effectively manages and efficiently uses all resources. •Are open to and respects differences, ideas, and suggestions. •Does not participate in non-productive activities of conversations. •Maintains confidentiality. •Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships. •Adheres to established policies and procedures. •Always seeks clarity to ensure understanding. •Keeps work processes reasonable and simple. •Balances priorities. •Effectively communicates and ensures understanding of UPHS’ mission, vision, and values. •Makes and keeps commitments. •Meet deadlines and is responsive to requests. •Exemplifies in his/her action principles of collegiality and collaboration at all times.
- 2+ years H.S. Diploma/GED experience in a health care setting with patient interaction
- CPR certification is required or must be obtained in the first month of employment.
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.