Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Finance Manager/ Expense at Penn Medicine
Job ID: 206108
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00pm
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Manager is responsible for the coordination and review of the Monthly Financial Statements. This includes the fiduciary accountability and review of accurate and timely reporting on Salaries, Supplies and Services, FTE's, Benefits, Utilities and Surveys. Also responsible for the management, evaluation and development of HUP's Expense Budget. This requires working closely with Department Directors, Department Finance Representatives, Hospital AVP, Hospital CFO and Controller to implement assumptions. Assist in preparation of projections, including quarterly projections. In addition, Manager will oversee and direct the quarterly and annual external audit process including acting as main liaison to external audit team for AR related areas, scheduling and preparation of work papers, review and completion of various schedules and organization and completion of final reporting packages and data. Ensure that Accounting Policies are implemented and accurately applied and in accordance with GAAP. This also requires working closely with the VP of Patient Accounting, CFO, VP of Corporate Finance, and AVP of Financial Operations.
- Manager is responsible for the recruitment, training and retention of talented results-oriented team. Manager has direct reports. This includes 2 Senior Analyst, 1 Senior Accountant, and 1 Accountant. Manager is expected to clearly define work expectations, and ensure responsibilities are being met by each staff member. This is a hand on Management Position who will need to balance workload with review of reports/files for accuracy. In addition, ensure all deadlines are being met in a timely fashion. This also includes being easily accessible to staff members, continuously checking in with staff to provide guidance and support, establish and ensure effective and ongoing communication. This position will assign work that uses staff skills, talents, provides challenge, allows for creativity and offers leadership growth. Manager will conduct annual performance appraisals and address any performance issues immediately and directly. In addition, assist staff members in addressing challenges and skill deficits and encourage continuous growth to help staff realize full potential by identifying stretch objectives and creating learning plans.
- Plans and directs activities related to Expense.
- Assists in the development and implementation of HUP Finance goals, policies, priorities and procedures
- Leadership and Management of the quarterly and annual external audit process which requires synthesizing complex information, designing workflow and procedures and use of intuition and experience to manage this process
- Develops process and procedures for improvement of existing systems
- Ability to review financial statements with Senior Leadership
- Coordination and review of entity monthly close and reporting in accordance with UPHS and generally accepted accounting policies
- Interpret and understand the monthly close results and drivers compared to planned budget assumptions Coordination, evaluation and development of HUP’s Supplies, Salaries & FTE.
- Review/coordinate/prepare internally and externally distributed financial data including monthly financial presentation package, profit/(loss) analyses, surveys, and department requests for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Manages, trains and develops direct reports; builds succession
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- And Minimum of seven years Finance/Accounting experience. 2-3 years Supervisory/Or Managerial Experience.
Education Specialization: Accounting and/or Finance
- Master of Arts or Science (preferred)
- MBA/CPA strongly preferred
Education Specialization: Business Administration or related field.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE