Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Summary: Drives overall customer service for the patients of myPennPharmacy. Performs benefits investigation and processes prescriptions. Performs refill adherence calls to ensure patients are compliant with ongoing therapy. Assists with dispensing and delivery functions to ensure timely access of patients’ medications. Completes inventory management functions to ensure that the pharmacy can meet the needs of its patients.
- Determines patients' insurance requirements for pre-certification, patient payments and coverage limitation and determine necessary action prior to patient discharge.
- Maintain communication with ambulatory based clinical pharmacist, social worker, discharge and specialty pharmacy program team members as needed to obtain complete, accurate financial information required for claim adjudication.
- Determines coverage and eligibility, restrictions/overrides, patient copay/OOP responsibility and identifies potential issues.
- Any issues with coverage to be immediately communicated to the clinical practice so that next steps can be taken.
- Communicates benefit investigation information proactively to the clinical practices and to patients.
- Supports all myPennPharmacy services as needed.
- Collaborates with internal team members to gather appropriate paperwork, prescription, billing information, &/or prescription.
- Provides ongoing adherence outreach and assessment for patients on specialty medications.
- Provides follow-up for communication to patients, clinical practices, and family for pharmaceutical needs and/or additional eligibility information to ensure on-going medication access.
- Interact with medical staff and their designees to obtain complete, accurate, timely clinical and financial information required for payer reimbursement.
- Provides education to patients and clinical practices regarding patient’s insurance coverage as it relates to their specialty medications.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- You must be able to perform dosage calculations, have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of hospital personnel, perform basic office environment tasks, have the aptitude to maintain proficiency in all Pharmacy computer systems, automated dispensing software and systems, and all technical equipment required to perform duties, and possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and the Internet.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.