Job ID: 208228
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Nights
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work? The Acute Care for Elders Unit (ACE) at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center (PPMC) has an excellent opportunity for a Clinical Nurse 2 to join the team. The PPMC ACE unit is the first ACE unit in the greater Philadelphia region, designed specifically to accommodate the unique needs of patients over the age of 65.
As an RN on the ACE team, you will be part of a team of providers that takes a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to acute geriatric care. You will practice as a full partner on the healthcare team, demonstrating safe practice and the knowledge, skills and attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice. In this key role, you will independently provide patient care through the application of the nursing process and accept accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. You will work within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics and Teamwork.
Schedule: 7am - 7pm or 7pm – 7am
· Professional Practice Competency Domains Definitions
· Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
· Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
· Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine.
· Person and Family Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
· Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization and advancing community outreach.
· Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
· Technology/Informatics: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
· Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide for safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
· BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association.
· Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
· Pennsylvania RN licensure
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required) BSN from an accredited school of nursing and More than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.