Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
FT Evening Shifts – Mon – Fri - 2pm - 10:30pm and every 4th weekend 9Sat and Sunday - (same hours)
Why join our amazing Princeton Penn Medicine Phlebotomy Team?
This is an opportunity to join a team of professionals in a high paced and rewarding healthcare environment. If you have your sights on developing your career in the healthcare industry, this is your chance for a growth opportunity! We are an “all hands on deck team”, we provided amazing training opportunities and we do cross-train our employees to the highest standards. We are a growing team and we have a work-life-balance approach!
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees.(0.5 FTE and over)
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
- Perform a wide variety of phlebotomy techniques: pediatric and geriatric venipuncture, capillary collection. Collect, label, receive, process, and deliver samples to their respective departments for analysis. Perform tasks according to assigned schedule. Maintain good rapport with co-workers and hospital personnel.
- Perform verification of patient demographic information, confirm orders, verify test(s) ordered, obtain accurate billing information (if needed), enter information in appropriate systems
- During direct contact with patients create an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients.
- Collect blood specimens in a skillful, safe, accurate manner and according to established procedures, properly and accurately label, process and deliver samples (or prepare samples for delivery) to laboratory for analysis
- Read, understand and comply with UMCPP and Laboratory policies, protocols and procedures (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance and Employee Handbook)
- Ensure a high level of customer service
- Collect blood via venipuncture and capillary on adults and children in an effective and timely fashion (perform EKG if assigned to PAT)
- Receive and label specimens properly and accurately and distribute to designated departments
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer systems (HIS, LIS, etc.)
- Demonstrate proper knowledge of laboratory test submission and sample requirements, and demonstrate ability to effectively utilize available resources for assistance
- Actively participate in training of phlebotomy students and staff according to assigned schedule
- Understand inpatient, outpatient, outreach and specimen processing work flow
- Demonstrate proficiency with basic operation of pre-analytical lab automation system when assigned to Central Receiving/Specimen Processing
- Perform blood collections at Nursing Homes and other Outreach sites
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid New Jersey driver's license required. Certified in phlebotomy, EKG, Patient Care Technician -Preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Phlebotomy clinical internship, or sufficient previous experience (12-24 months).
- Other (Required)
- Incumbent is required to maintain competency and up-to-date techniques and resources through in-services and attending meetings. Must be eligible for Professional certification with National Phlebotomy Association or equivalent.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.