Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Project Manager, CORP
Job ID: 208177
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Real Estate, Design & Construction (RED&C) Project Manager is responsible for independently managing all aspects of multiple capital projects of high complexity from inception through occupancy, making decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and having direct impact in achieving project goals and established objectives. The position is responsible for negotiating critical and controversial issues with and between project team members and internal user groups. The Project Manager may oversee and/or collaborate with one or more RED&C staff. The selected candidate must demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding multiple medium-to-large sized projects to achieve Penn Medicine project objectives. Project goals are achieved within stipulated schedule and established budget.
- Additionally, the Project Manager demonstrates clear and effective leadership and indirect supervision of a diverse project team, including multiple Penn Medicine Departments, Consultants and Contractors. In order to succeed in the position, the Project Manager must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills and exhibit the ability to independently achieve project objectives on multiple, complex projects running simultaneously. Foundational skills include the ability to appropriately manage time and tasks, remain organized and focused, drive projects to completion and financial close, and a strong working knowledge of building codes/standards and the application thereof.
- Project Management - Independently responsible for the overall management of the planning, design, construction and occupancy phases of multiple, concurrent projects of high complexity to meet project goals and objectives. Consistently meets established project objectives.
- Planning - Plans, develops, coordinates and directs a number of medium-to-large sized, important projects or a few projects of major scope and importance. Develops cost estimates/budgets and tracks project costs.
- Design & Development - Responsible for managing the concept and design phases of the projects. Monitors and coordinates the activities of Architectural and Engineering Consultants on assigned projects.
- Construction – Responsible for managing the construction phase, monitoring and coordinating the activities of CMs, General Contractors, Sub-Contractors, and Owner-direct Contractors and Vendors on assigned projects.
- Project Schedule – Responsible for developing and managing the overall project schedule, and for identifying, planning and executing project phasing to minimize disruption to existing operations where necessary.
- Compliance – Monitors work to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory standards and requirements, including TJC, Department of Health, FDA, funding agencies and others as needed.
- Financial Management – Follows accounting and financial standards of Penn Medicine, actively managing project costs and expenditures to meet budget targets.
- Reporting - Keep VP and AVP of RED&C apprised of progress through regular updates or meetings and include them on important correspondence related to projects. Support VP and AVP of RED&C in other duties as assigned.
- Often travels between multiple sites for meetings and inspections.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Project Manager Construction Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Registered Architect
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Engineering, Planning, Construction Management, Architecture Design, or related profession.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the design/management of medium-to-large sized capital projects in a highly complex Healthcare environment; or similar renovation/construction projects; and/or the management of highly complex projects involving infrastructure, equipment, varied resources and planning. Understands and has experience in all or some of the various types of Design & Construction Contract Methodologies (e.g. Design/Bid/Build, Design/Build, CM GMP, IPD) - (Required)
- 2+ years of Healthcare Project Management experience (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop/Bluebeam Revu.
- Ability to use e-Builder.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a political landscape with internal and external stakeholders.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE