Job ID: 208891
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 7:00pm-7:30am EOW
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Responsible for supervision and coordination of nursing staff to assure the provision of safe and effective care on weekend, evening and night shifts. Represents administration for problem solving and decision making Hospital wide on weekend, evening and night shifts. Supports and interprets the mission, philosophy and objectives of TCCH. The Administrative Supervisor monitors and maintains the standards of JCAHO and DOH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Support Competency
1. Considers age specific care when making decisions regarding staff assignments
2. Interacts with the patient/family in a manner that preserves patient dignity, privacy and meets psychosocial needs of the patient.
3. Assists in patient placement/bed assignment.
4. Monitors and ensures timely patient throughput on an ongoing basis. Responds to throughput delays to resolve identified barriers
5.. Prioritizes activities and responsibilities appropriately to ensure completion within time deadlines
6. Prioritizes rounds based on activity and criticality
7. Provides input for new or revised policies to ensure quality service and consistency with regulatory requirements.
8. Serves as a resource for policies, procedures and standards to assure staff compliance.
9. Reports occurrences and sentinel events to the Risk Manager and others as per policy.
10. Investigates patient and employee incidents and ensures that reports are filed within 24 hours of occurrence in collaboration with Unit Manager.
11. Keeps administration appropriately advised on all issues in an appropriate time frame.
12. Participates in performance improvement activities.
13. Participates in demonstrates knowledge regarding de-escalation training.
14. Participates and maintains knowledge regarding programs such as Telepsychiatry, CPI training.
Education Training and Experience
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; BSN required. Five (5) years clinical experience including charge or management experience. Good verbal/written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
Current Pennsylvania State Nursing license.
CPR, ACLS and PALS certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.