Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 206063
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Clinical Practices of University of Pennsylvania
Department: Surg Outpt Clinic
Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania – 3400 Spruce St
Hours: Per Departmental Needs
- Job responsibilities will include coordination and report management, maintenance, and input of data for the Bariatric Surgery surgical database and any activities associated. Provide data for reporting. Oversight and management of patient portal and assisting Bariatric Surgery clinical and administrative team with the administrative office aspects and research within Bariatric Surgery. Ensures compliance with Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Requirements.
- Coordinate with team members and Bariatric program directors to facilitate and support the team.
- Enter data and track all Bariatric Surgery service operative procedures on a daily/monthly basis. Manage, gather, and input data for the clinical database.
- Auditing data collection and data entry for accuracy and efficiency.
- Customization of Datasets for additional data collection, maintaining documentation of dataset changes, and dates of changes.
- Organize, coordinate, and provide data and input for publications, research papers, and special projects.
- Customer/physician/administration satisfaction as it pertains to the clinical database.
- Serve as a liaison with other team members to support the implementation and evaluation of data/research/special projects.
- Work closely with Medical Records staff to maintain a cohesive working relationship.
- Open to changing job expectations as the scope of healthcare data management changes.
- Providing data for MBSAQIP, IBC & other reporting requirements.
- Coordinate follow-up visits to ensure long-term follow-up for patients and outcome reporting. Collect, input, and evaluate data as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the operational needs of the department
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and creativity in working with patients and co-workers, and in developing programs and protocols.
- Maintains certifications required to serve as MBSAQIP MBSCR
- Attends staff meetings and mandatory in-services as required.
- Review Bariatric Surgery Procedures volumes and outcomes with supervisors and Bariatric Surgery medical directors on a monthly basis.
- Updating ongoing operative procedure volumes and outcomes for calendar and fiscal year reporting.
- Procedure data should be entered within lockout using the Surgeon’s operative note for operative data.
- Response to request for information within 72 hours / 3 business days.
- Timely and accurate submission of all finalized paperwork to MBSAQIP, IBC & other required agencies- under the supervision of managers in Bariatric Surgery.
- Quarterly education sessions on compliance reports to the users regarding inaccuracies, data definitions, and noncompliance.
- Maintains accurate documentation of data set changes and dates of those changes.
- Maintains accurate IRB protocol/procedures as related to Research/data.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate degree in Allied Health Technology, Medical Assistant, LPN and Previous database experience is required, experience with all Microsoft Applications required. Database experience relevant to a clinical setting preferred. (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE