Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assistant Nurse Manager - Radiation Oncology - HUP
Job ID: 209577
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The role of Radiation Oncology Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting clinical and administrative leadership with the management of the Clinical team, consisting of Clinical Nurses, License Practice Nurses, Medical Assistants, and Clinical Service Associates (nursing staff) at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine (PCAM) underneath the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- The scope of this role will provide direct management to PCAM Radiation Oncology nursing staff. The Radiation Oncology Assistant Nurse Manager will enhance the delivery of complex patient care, collaborating with clinical and administrative teams across the Departments.
- The Radiation Oncology Assistant Nurse Manager will have shared responsibility for staffing, regulatory compliance, employee performance management, clinical education and competency, exam room, and patient throughput across patients Radiation Oncology journey of care. The activities of the Radiation Oncology Assistant Nurse Manager shall support the nursing department goal and Radiation Oncology department goal alignment with the hospital, Clinical Practice of the University of Pennsylvania (CPUP), and UPHS strategic goals.
- Establishing/updating policies, procedures, and work practices for designated patient care units; assists with direct supervision of Radiation Oncology staff, including registered nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), and Medical Assistants (MAs)/Clinical Services Associates (CSAs).
- Supports the provision of safe, high-quality patient care and leadership to improve patient care, enhance professional development, and achieve unit, department, entity, and system goals; performs service recovery when indicated and appropriate follow-up.
- Shares responsibility for time and attendance management, payroll processing, scheduling, staff appraisals, and competency validation, compliance in accordance with regulatory standards and HUP/CPUP policies.
- Supports employee performance management, provides clinical education and skills training, and coordinates orientation/onboarding of new/transferred employees; encourages continuous growth by fostering teamwork, guiding initiatives, and steering employees toward achievement of goals.
- Participates in quality and safety oversight in support of quality initiatives and regulatory requirements
- Conducting team meetings, and daily huddles and assisting staff with day-to-day operations regarding patient care.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (required)
- 3+ years 2-4 years of RN experience with demonstrated knowledge
- Master of Arts or Science (preferred)
- Commitment to apply with 2 years
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE