Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Perelman Center, Philadelphia, PA
- The Program Manager will manage the program operations of the assigned Cardiology programs. The programs consist of a multidisciplinary team of practitioners that provide inpatient and outpatient care to a complex patient population. Under the direction of the HVSL Associate & Senior Directors and Division Administrator, the incumbent will assist with the development and organization of the integrated program and manage the day-to-day administrative functions of the operations. The Program Manager shall be responsible for the development and attainment of the service mission, short and long term goals, operational goals and objectives identified for the service, both clinical and operational. It is expected that this individual will be a strong program builder as well as strategic thinker. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with the medical and nursing leadership of the subspecialty areas to assure quality diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients and medical staff. The Program Manager will coordinate operational planning activities for the overall benefit of the programs within each of the medical centers. The Program Manager will have direct oversight for all administrative assistants supporting the assigned Cardiology programs.
- 1. Assist the Medical Directors in developing the mission and goals of the assigned Cardiology programs. 2. Assist the Medical Directors in short- and long-term program objectives and program performance metrics 3. Assist the Medical Directors in formulating and executing strategic plans to realize program objectives 4. Work in a collaborative fashion across departments and institutions to ensure high performance of the program objectives. Help build linkages between subspecialties and assist in the management of the relationship between programs and stakeholders to promote effective multidisciplinary care 5. In collaboration with nursing leadership, ensures management of data tracking systems in compliance with regulatory agency guidelines. This would include measures of quality improvement. 6. Oversee and manage an office-based patient communication system to enhance patient access to care (phone, email, Epic). 7. Identify the gaps in service and evolving needs within the program. Provide regular status reports to the Directors and offer recommendations for resolving issues and achieving continual program improvement 8. Promote programmatic research goals including participation in clinical trials on a national and international level 9. Represent programs at internal and external committee meetings. 10. Collaborate with Penn marketing and outreach groups to develop a regional and national referral base 11. Work with HVC leadership to improve patient flow in clinic 12. Provide daily operational support for clinical and administrative staff on HUP campus. 13. Directly supervise administrative assistants.14. Maintain compliance with governmental regulations regarding patient care, safety, confidentiality, JCAHO and CMS requirements, etc. 15. Oversee the eStar time and attendance process for direct reports. Approves leave time per departmental and Health Systems policies. 16. Establish a working knowledge of management and clinical information systems (EPIC, Business Objects, PennDiver, Tableau, etc) as critical reference points from which to recommend and make improvements in clinical and management performance. 17. Become knowledgeable of insurance and work with business office and financial service reps regarding patient issues and trends 18. Promptly and efficiently responds to vendor invoices. Manages payable process so that bills are accurately paid in a timely manner. 19. Makes sure all ordered goods are actually received. 20. Responsible as part of a team for ongoing EPIC issues and changes. 21. Meets regularly with Administrative and Clinical Directors for HVC and Administrators.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Minimum of 7 years of total relevant work experience required which includes 2 years' experience in management
- Education Specialization: Bachelors in health care/hospital administration, business administration or operations research or currently in a Bachelors degree program (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.