Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 208833
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F; 8-hour day shift | Remote Flexibility
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The goal of this position is to develop the knowledge and experience required for successful performance in vendor negotiations, contract development and implementation for service agreements, GOP agreements and other agreements of lesser dollar value. The contract associate will develop and negotiate agreements, review and negotiate terms and conditions, seeking assistance on complex terms and demonstrate value analysis and expense reduction.
- Review, develop and negotiate service agreements for assigned product category.
- Manage assigned contracts ensuring contracts are current and comply with UPHS contract standards.
- Conducts pricing analysis to support negotiation and decision making. Utilizes benchmarking tools and other sources to identify best offer.
- Participates in negotiations in collaboration with Contract Manager as needed.
- Responds to service issue escalations from key stakeholder, buyers or others in situations that impact patient care or daily operations.
- Mines for opportunities to standardize services or service providers across departments or entities to reduce costs or improve quality.
- Responsible for assigned GPO contracts and other agreements with a total contract value of less than $125,000.
Process and Metrics-
- Ensures service agreements are renewed, extended or terminated prior to expiration of current agreement.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new processes and metrics.
- Identifies and implements savings opportunities to support the established department savings target.
Relationship Management and Collaboration-
- Develops relationships across the Supply Chain team, including various virtual teams (or Pods) and with key entity-based stakeholders to support operations.
- Liaison to assigned departments and ensures that their service contract needs are met.
- Responds promptly and follows through to meet customer needs, as required.
- Competent in analytical, written and oral presentations.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Purchasing/ Professional Certification (Preferred).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate's degree (Required), preferably in Health Administration, Health Policy, Finance or Accounting.
- 3+ years of supply chain experience in Purchasing/ Materials Management (Required), preferably in a complex integrated delivery network or academic medical center.
- Previous experience with contract negotiations within a complex and multifacility purchasing environment (Preferred).
- Previous project management, team leadership or supervisory skills (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE