Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
ICM Supervisor - Full time- Hall Mercer
Job ID: 206700
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Hall Mercer's Targeted Case Management program provides blended and access case management services to adults 18 and over with a serious mental health diagnosis, dual-diagnosis, and homeless history that require additional community supports to help them meet their needs and work to achieve their goals. Our case management unit also has two specialty teams, Blended Case management with a focus on the Southeast Asian community and a Prevention and Recovery Services (PARS) that acts as a Rapid Response for a 90-day period. Our case management professionals provide services to people wherever they are; home, hospital, provider agency etc. We will meet with participants in their home, assess their needs and strengths, and assist them with developing goals to help them achieve stability and live their most meaningful lives.
- The ICM Supervisor assumes administrative, fiscal, and clinical responsibility for the Targeted Case Management Team (TCM). Ensures effective, quality and safe care, consumer satisfaction, staff engagement and fiscal management. Retains and leads staff providing case management services to consumers. Oversees and ensures compliance to all regulatory standards. Contributes to the overall success of the organization through positive consumer outcomes, financial accountability, and staff leadership.
- Vision and Purpose:- Articulates a clear and compelling direction for TCM program that is aligned with Hall Mercer/PAH/UPHS vision - Translates TCM program direction into attainable goals.
- Updates direction and goals as required based on changes in circumstances Initiative: Initiates new and better ways of providing services and conducting business- Is proactive in setting direction and ambitious goals during weekly team meetings or supervisions.
- Motivating and Influencing: Explains to others how their day to day work contributes to program and organizational goals.
- Persuades and encourages others to move in a desired direction and builds commitment and initiative in others with diverse interests by explaining rationale for goals and decisions.
- Standards and Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for maintaining standards as set by DBHIDS-TCM Unit BHTEN, UPHS, and Hall-Mercer TCM department.
- Takes responsibility for outcome of actions, decisions, and performance.
- Conduct regular supervision in which medical records reviewed and feedback provided regarding TCM accountabilities.
- Reviews staff monthly productivity on a weekly basis Service and Customer Focus.
- Assesses and anticipates the needs and expectations of the customers.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting or exceeding customer needs and expectations.
- Takes customer needs, expectations, and interests into account when making decisions.
- Seizes opportunities for improving customer satisfaction.
- Maintains general knowledge of customers on team’s caseload.
- Provides backup coverage to customers in the event of team’s need Planning and Decision Making.
- Detects patterns and connections not immediately obvious to others.
- Breaks down complex problems into discreet components.
- Sets the daily agenda for the team and ensures that the needs of the customers and team are met.
- Ensures that a crisis management plans are created with outside providers to address emergency issues Financial.
- Considers financial impact of each staff members and team’s productivity on the TCM program and organization.
- Utilizes financial concepts when planning, initiating changes, and making decisions.
- Stays on course and meets deadlines even when unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Eliminates barriers that impede progress and tracks performance Prioritizing and Delegating.
- Focuses on right issues at the right time and acts on important tasks before less urgent ones.
- Leverages available resources in the service of the team or TCM program.
- Reviews own workload to identify delegation opportunities Communication.
- Responds constructively to issues and concerns raised by others.
- Informs others of pertinent issues in a timely manner.
- Seeks input from others when developing solutions to complex problems Providing Feedback.
- Routinely provides fair, constructive and honest feedback through weekly supervisions with staff.
- Helps others understands what they can do to improve performance- Clearly articulates areas of deficiency without softening the message Staff Recruitment.
- Participates in program manager’s recruitment of staff by assisting in interviewing to identify and select the best applicants for the TCM team.
- Developing and Retaining Staff.
- Defines development objectives for staff which support performance goals and progress towards future skill development.
- Encourages learning from setbacks.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Human Services, or Education and 3+ years mental health direct care experience-one year which includes supervisory. (Required)
- Education Specialization: Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Human Services, Education. (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE