Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Surgical Technologist I- Women's Health- L&D- FT- Nights- Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 208560
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Nights
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Surgical Technologist I, Women's Health, is a new-to-practice Technologist with less than 1 year of experience that demonstrates basic safe practice within the organizational professional practice model. The Surgical Technologist I seeks guidance to integrate concepts, knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet standards for competent professional practice as specified below. The Surgical Technologist I exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.Clinical Judgement & Decision Making: Ways in which employees come to understand the problems, issues, or concerns of our industry professionals and interprofessional practitioners, and our clients and their families, to attend to important information and to respond in concerned and involved ways.Employee-Client Relationship: The Technologist recognizes the patient (or the patient's designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient's preferences, values, and needs. Relationship that extends beyond baseline duties to integrate the particular medical professional's informational needs as well as the client's response and his/her religious/spiritual, ethnic, and cultural belief into educational concerns.Clinical Leadership: The Technologist effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving, decision making to promote effective changes, supports the development of others, and creates a practice climate of responsiveness and learning. This area involves both outside the department, inside the department, and our students.Clinical Scholarship: The Technologist evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness. Demonstrates critical thinking and response-based practice.
- Is accountable for the provision of direct care to patients who may range in age from infancy to the elderly and demonstrates within the competency domains of clinical judgment & decision-making, employee-client relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. The Technologist complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.Works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The technologist focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients.Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback while demonstrating growth in the ability to care for increasingly complex patients.Participates in the assessment of patient care by recognizing and reporting signs of complications and emergencies to team. Supports patient rights and upholds the ethics of the organization.Promotes and demonstrates self-directed learning and interest in occupational growth.Facilitates the continuum of care by collaborating to provide patient care that is appropriate for the age and developmental level of the patient. Participates in managing environment of care.Participates in improving organizational performance. Demonstrates professional qualities, responsibilities, and accountabilities.Manages information appropriately and participates in surveillance, prevention, and control of infection.Departmental and hospital annual mandatory education is completed by end of current review period.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Surgical Technologist (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Aid (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years experience as Surgical Technologist experience preferred.
- Successful completion of OB Technician program with a Surgical Technologist certification by entity holding a Nationally recognized Institutional or program accreditation or successfully completed training program in US ARMY, Navy, or Air Force. (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE