This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 209995
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: MD FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Post Doctoral Fellow Summary:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates competency in the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to meet the psychological and social needs of the program’s patient population.
2. Conducts initial evaluation and ongoing assessment of patient functioning, including by triaging patient care needs for integrated, outpatient, and/or higher level of care services and coordinating referrals to care.
3. Conducts individual, group, and family therapy sessions, and documents each treatment session in accordance with documentation standards.
Treatment Team Member
1. Attends treatment rounds and supervision/consultation meetings, providing input to and being receptive to input from members of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
2. Performs case management with internal and external entities for smooth transitions across the continuum of care.
Curriculum and Program Development
1. Takes a leadership role in clinical service development and program evaluation.
2. Works with clinical coordinator and clinical staff to refine and improve the clinical programs in accordance with the scientific literature pertaining to evidenced-based practices and outcomes informed patient care, including but not limited to by monitoring and maintaining patient registry.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with director of postdoctoral program and clinical staff to refine and improve the clinical programs in accordance with the scientific literature pertaining to evidence-based practices and outcomes informed patient care.
2. Provides supervision for practicum students and/or bachelor’s level interns.
3. Participates in ongoing clinical research initiatives.
4. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate in psychology or related field, completed pre-doctoral internship, and a NJ 3-year permit OR must be able to obtain the 3-year permit within 3 months of hire.
Related Work Experience
Psychiatric Preferred Qualifications: Above credentials, plus two or more years' experience in treatment of the specific program’s patient population.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Psychiatric Minimum Qualifications: NJ 3-year permit OR must be able to obtain the 3 year permit within 3 months of hire
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Computer Competency: Ability to use computer for purposes of documentation of services, maintenance of folders on personal drive, access to clinical forms and policies from shared drives, and electronic communication. Excellent organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.